localhost

View previous topic :: View next topic  
hyewiz
-

PostPosted: Sun Feb 06, 2005 12:38 am    Post subject: localhost Reply with quote

Hi, all i have just installes Abyss Web Server and PHP + MySql.
and i registerd at No-Ip because i have Dynamic Ip.
And i am using Direct Update prog to auto update my ip.
My problem is that everything is working fine except i need to check my site with 127.0.0.1 and not with my no-ip name.
when i type in my no-ip name it opens my U.S Robotics. Configuration.
And even though i have my Avatar hosting on my server in my comp. in one of the boards. Everyone can see it but when i log in to that board i dont see any image.
Please if someone can help me fix this
thanks
Back to top View user's profile Send private message
TRUSTAbyss
-

PostPosted: Sun Feb 06, 2005 1:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

You will see your router configuration page but others will see your website and
so this is perfectly normal , you need to use a local address for you to view it
since your router does not support loop back , hope this helps. LateR!
Back to top View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website
hyewiz
-

PostPosted: Sun Feb 06, 2005 3:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks a lot for the fast reply.
I wish my router supported Loop Back.
Like this it is Annoying, coz i like to see how my avatar looks like at the forums (it desplays my local weather) but unfortunately, me when i go to that forum my Avatar i see no image. :(
Well i guess i have no other choice.
Thank you one more time.
Anonymoose
-

PostPosted: Sun Feb 06, 2005 3:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

If you enter your no-ip name into your Windows hostfile you can map it to 127.0.0.1, this means your PC will access the no-ip name via localhost rather than trying to connect through your router.

If you have Windows XP you'll find the hosts file in C:\Windows\System32\drivers\etc\hosts (no file extension)

Close any IE windows you have open then enter "notepad C:\Windows\System32\drivers\etc\hosts" *without the quotes* into the Run box on the Start Menu, it will open the file in Notepad.

Add the line
127.0.0.1 yoursite.no-ip.com

to the bottom of the file then save it.

Now when you reopen IE and enter your sitename, it should load your homepage. Note that if you have hardcoded your external IP into any of the pages this will still not work.
olly86
-

PostPosted: Sun Feb 06, 2005 7:15 pm    Post subject: Re: localhost Reply with quote

hyewiz wrote:

this seams strange to me as from my knowledge (and personal experience) all USR routers support loopback. Are sure other's can see your site, remotely?
-

PostPosted: Mon Feb 07, 2005 3:22 am    Post subject: Re: localhost Reply with quote

olly86 wrote:
hyewiz wrote:

this seams strange to me as from my knowledge (and personal experience) all USR routers support loopback. Are sure other's can see your site, remotely?

Yes i am my son has his comp in his room and i tested there and its working
hyewiz
-

PostPosted: Mon Feb 07, 2005 3:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Anonymoose wrote:
If you enter your no-ip name into your Windows hostfile you can map it to 127.0.0.1, this means your PC will access the no-ip name via localhost rather than trying to connect through your router.

If you have Windows XP you'll find the hosts file in C:\Windows\System32\drivers\etc\hosts (no file extension)

Close any IE windows you have open then enter "notepad C:\Windows\System32\drivers\etc\hosts" *without the quotes* into the Run box on the Start Menu, it will open the file in Notepad.

Add the line
127.0.0.1 yoursite.no-ip.com

to the bottom of the file then save it.

Now when you reopen IE and enter your sitename, it should load your homepage. Note that if you have hardcoded your external IP into any of the pages this will still not work.

This worked fine thanks a lot
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Aprelium Forum Index -> Networking Issues All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: