shutting down server with fastcgi application running

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Don Dickinson
-

PostPosted: Tue Dec 16, 2008 4:01 pm    Post subject: shutting down server with fastcgi application running Reply with quote

I am wondering what the abyss 1.x server does when it shutsdown as far as cleanup of running fastcgi applications go.

Abyss is sending the event handler to the cgi program via an environment variable. But, as far as I see, it is NOT firing the event when shutting down. It appears to me that Abyss is using TerminateProcess to kill a fastcgi application that it started. If this is the case, my fastcgi app will not be able to respond to the shutdown event nor will it be able to trap a console control handler event fired when a console app is being shut down. Because these events are never fired, I have no ability for my app to clean up after itself as it never exits the fcgi_accept_r loop.

Can someone clarify what Abyss 1.x does for termination of fastcgi apps when it is shutdown?

tia,
Don
Back to top View user's profile Send private message
glilkpak
-

PostPosted: Mon Sep 06, 2010 11:16 pm    Post subject: shutting down server with fastcgi application running Reply with quote

Question to whoever. If I have and existing djangoMod_wsgi app already running and what cherokee to server that, do I just take that application off of the domains it is currently on and point cherokee at that?
Back to top View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail ICQ Number
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Aprelium Forum Index -> FastCGI/CGI All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: