Qwest DSL modem

View previous topic :: View next topic  
foreigneye
-

PostPosted: Mon Jan 10, 2005 8:53 pm    Post subject: Qwest DSL modem Reply with quote

Hi. I used to have Qwest DSL, and I could never get the abyss web server to work. For some reason, Qwest DSL blocks the ports. When you try to go to your IP address, it takes you to a "modem configuration" page. I'm not a total expert about it, but I tried everything and could never get it to work. Here's an article that explains a workaround for the problem:

http://www.dslreports.com/forum/remark,5958833~mode=flat~days=9999

but it doesn't change the problem with trying to access one's IP address. It's like the modem has a built in and inaccessible firewall.

I now have cable internet, and use abyss and absolutely love it. But I have a friend who has DSL and so my question is still relevant. Has anyone ever
heard of this, and if so do you know of a way to work around it, or is abyss totally incompatible with Qwest's service?

Thanks,
Sarah

p.s. I tried to email support@aprelium.com and it was returned to me, twice. ???
Back to top View user's profile Send private message AIM Address
admin
Site Admin

PostPosted: Mon Jan 10, 2005 11:20 pm    Post subject: Re: Qwest DSL modem Reply with quote

Quote:
p.s. I tried to email support@aprelium.com and it was returned to me, twice. ???

Interesting. As far as we know, our mail servers work fine. What was the error message in the returned email?
Back to top View user's profile Send private message
foreigneye
-

PostPosted: Wed Jan 12, 2005 12:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The Error Message:

Hi. This is the qmail-send program at yahoo.com.
I'm afraid I wasn't able to deliver your message to the following
addresses.
This is a permanent error; I've given up. Sorry it didn't work out.

<support@aprelium.com>:
62.193.206.45 does not like recipient.
Remote host said: 550 <support@aprelium.com> ... recipient rejected
Giving up on 62.193.206.45.

--- Below this line is a copy of the message.....
UtahLugers
-

PostPosted: Thu Jan 13, 2005 1:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The router recognizes what private IP the request is coming from. So, it shows you the config page. This is because it is an internal request. If it is an external request, then you will get the web site etc. Call up a friend and have him type in your public IP (with server running). He should see the site.

I have the same setup and it works fine.
-

PostPosted: Thu Jan 13, 2005 4:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

UtahLugers wrote:
The router recognizes what private IP the request is coming from. So, it shows you the config page. This is because it is an internal request. If it is an external request, then you will get the web site etc. Call up a friend and have him type in your public IP (with server running). He should see the site.

I have the same setup and it works fine.

They are having Mail Server DNS issues right now , this will be fixed soon if
not already , have a look at the Off Topic Discussion forum for more info...

Topic: Aprelium Mail Offline
Back to top View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website
foreigneye
-

PostPosted: Mon Jan 17, 2005 1:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

UtahLugers wrote:

Do you have the Quest service, or another internet service that does something similar? When I had Qwest, I tried everything and nothing worked. It's like a weird firewall that won't let you decide how it behaves. You can't make primary connections to P2P programs either with Qwest. I wish I understood why or how it works but I don't. :-\
UtahLugers
-

PostPosted: Mon Jan 17, 2005 11:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yes, we have Qwest. We can run the server but I do not use any P2P programs because I would not like getting caught using them. So for your question about them, I have no idea.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Aprelium Forum Index -> General Questions All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: