LeechGet does not work with my server's files

View previous topic :: View next topic  
eyn
-

PostPosted: Sun Jan 16, 2005 6:56 am    Post subject: LeechGet does not work with my server's files Reply with quote

Hi, I'm using LeechGet 2004 as my download manager (it's free!) and I notice that it does not work with my server's file. All the download will stuck at say 60 or 50 percent. Does this means Abyss Server does not support multiple simultaneous connection or is it my download manager's fault?

What download manager works with Abyss Server? And which of them are the better ones out of so many download managers, why?
Back to top View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website
NoName
-

PostPosted: Sun Jan 16, 2005 8:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Does the download manager lock up on file downloads from other servers? If it does the samething when you download from other servers, then my guess would be its the download manager.

Powered by Abyss Web Server
Back to top View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address
eyn
-

PostPosted: Sun Jan 16, 2005 7:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

no, it works well with other server, but there's one option column in the settings which allows you to enter those "One-Task Server", here's the quote:
Quote:
LeechGets supports multiple connection to one server to speed up your download. However, some server do not support to have multiple connections

And it says by entering the address of these server can avoid problems, which I tried to put in my own address and it indeed works, that is without using multiple connection for a single file (i.e. slower speed).

So, what's the problem here? Is there any setting in Abyss that I can tweak with to allow multiple connection support for a single file?
senshi
-

PostPosted: Mon Jan 17, 2005 11:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

How is it not working with your files, are you using the correct type of URL to invoke leechGet to leech the file?
Back to top View user's profile Send private message
admin
Site Admin

PostPosted: Mon Jan 17, 2005 2:57 pm    Post subject: Re: LeechGet does not work with my server's files Reply with quote

eyn wrote:
Hi, I'm using LeechGet 2004 as my download manager (it's free!) and I notice that it does not work with my server's file. All the download will stuck at say 60 or 50 percent. Does this means Abyss Server does not support multiple simultaneous connection or is it my download manager's fault?

What download manager works with Abyss Server? And which of them are the better ones out of so many download managers, why?

Abyss Web Server supports multiple connections without any problem. But you must be aware that some operating systems (such as Windows 95/98/ME and XP Home) have limitations on the number of active TCP/IP connections. If you're using a firewall, this may be also the cause of the problem.

Have you tried another download manager (for example GetRight)?
eyn
-

PostPosted: Tue Jan 18, 2005 2:11 am    Post subject: Re: LeechGet does not work with my server's files Reply with quote

admin wrote:
Have you tried another download manager (for example GetRight)?

Yes, I tried GetRight and it works. I'm not sure what's the problem with LeechGet, and yes I do know which URL to be used to invoke the download. fyi, I used http://127.0.0.1/video.avi to invoke it, but the file will not finish, even for relatively small files say 5mb. The splitting mechanism in LeechGet must have some flaw when work with Abyss server, I'm not sure (the last segment will always stuck, say if you split to 5 segment of download for a single file, you probably get stuck at 80 percent, you should get the idea)

Occasionally some downloads by LeechGet ends up missing in the end, or incompleted and stop there and you cannot resume. I guess LeechGet is probably not very stable and GetRight is probably a better choice, despite that it's not a freeware.
admin
Site Admin

PostPosted: Tue Jan 18, 2005 1:07 pm    Post subject: Re: LeechGet does not work with my server's files Reply with quote

eyn,

Abyss Web Server conforms to the HTTP protocol and no problem with download resuming has been reported so far. So we're confident in the fact that the problem doesn't come from Abyss here (we have also tested many download managers with success).
Please report the bug to LeechGet author(s). Let us know that they contact our technical support support@aprelium.com to get in touch with our development team for more information and help.
goose
-

PostPosted: Tue Jan 18, 2005 4:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

leech is shite since they changed it to paid wares ....i think their the leeches!

mawuahahaha :)
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Aprelium Forum Index -> General Questions All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: