Help with php (install)

View previous topic :: View next topic  
E-Oreo
-

PostPosted: Tue Apr 23, 2002 12:22 am    Post subject: Help with php (install) Reply with quote

I downloaded php from the link on this web site. Then i unzipped it. It dosn't come with any readme or install files. So i went to the php section of this site, i did every thing it told me but i can't find the executable file for php. Where whould it be stored and is there anything i have to do to get it to appear. I unzipped the php zip file into a folder and that is all i have done so far. Is there an installer in that? i checked but there in no php.exe in the folder. What do i do?
Back to top View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website
TheLinker
-

PostPosted: Tue Apr 23, 2002 11:15 am    Post subject: Help with php (install) Reply with quote

E-Oreo wrote:

I downloaded php from the link on this web site. Then i unzipped it. It dosn't come with any readme or install files. So i went to the php section of this site, i did every thing it told me but i can't find the executable file for php. Where whould it be stored and is there anything i have to do to get it to appear. I unzipped the php zip file into a folder and that is all i have done so far. Is there an installer in that? i checked but there in no php.exe in the folder. What do i do?

If you downloaded the zip package distribution of PHP, you need to manually install PHP as described in the included install.txt file.

For Abyss Web Server I only needed the "lite" version of PHP, so I've only tested with the installer distribution of PHP. And that runs fine.

Regards... :)
Back to top View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website
E-Oreo
-

PostPosted: Tue Apr 23, 2002 9:29 pm    Post subject: ok Reply with quote

ok, but where is the installer located? When i follow the instructions on this site it tells me to make a new cgi peramiter or something like that, it tells me to specify an interperter for the type when i do it. What file do i put as the interperter. I downloaded php-4.1.2.tar.gz, it did not come with any installalization thing, readme or a file named php.exe. What do i do? did i download the wrong thing?
Back to top View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website
E-Oreo
-

PostPosted: Tue Apr 23, 2002 11:54 pm    Post subject: ok Reply with quote

I found a file called install.txt in the php directory. It says to run the php install executable, were is that? i have the directory stored at
C:\Program Files\Abyss Web Server\Downloads\phpsupport\php4.12.101\
were is the install exe. and what is it called?
TheLinker
-

PostPosted: Wed Apr 24, 2002 8:22 am    Post subject: PHP versions Reply with quote

php-4.1.2.tar.gz is the source release of PHP, and probably not what you need.

I'm reading from your message, that you are using Windows OS.

Goto http://www.php.net/downloads.php and download PHP 4.2.0 installer under Windows Binaries section. This is an executable installer for latest version of PHP.
Back to top View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website
EOreo

PostPosted: Wed Apr 24, 2002 10:29 pm    Post subject: ok Reply with quote

Ok, so i can delete the other stuff i downloaded. Thank you very much. I am using windows 98.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Aprelium Forum Index -> General Questions All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: