Spontaneous, inexplicable Error 1045...?

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Lobsterkins
-

PostPosted: Sat Dec 11, 2004 11:59 am    Post subject: Spontaneous, inexplicable Error 1045...? Reply with quote

Hey all.

Strange thing happening here. I've been able to connect to phpMyAdmin and have it work great for almost a year now.

As of tonight, out of nowhere, I can't get into phpMyAdmin, but my MySQL server is still running great - in fact my website runs great as always with a MySQL-powered frontpage and forum; however, I can't get into phpMyAdmin.

I get the following error when I try to get in:

Welcome to phpMyAdmin 2.5.3-rc3

phpMyAdmin tried to connect to the MySQL server, and the server rejected the connection. You should check the host, username and password in config.inc.php and make sure that they correspond to the information given by the administrator of the MySQL server.

Error

MySQL said:

#1045 - Access denied for user: 'Lobsterkins@SHMIGGLY' (Using password: YES)

Completely random - I hadn't even touched config.inc.php; I opened it up after this problem set in to check it out, and all the settings seem fine.

What in the world is going on? Any ideas?
Back to top View user's profile Send private message
Lobsterkins
-

PostPosted: Sun Dec 12, 2004 12:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

UPDATE.

I will try to make this brief.

I've been running my server with Abyss Webserver, MySQL, phpMyAdmin and other goodies for about a year now. It has been working great.

I tried getting into phpMyAdmin last night, and out of nowhere, I got the following message:

#1045 - Access denied for user: 'Lobsterkins@SHMIGGLY' (Using password: YES)

At this point I've tried absolutely everything, including fairly confusing command line MySQL junk. My MySQL-driven website frontpage gave me line after line of the following error:

Warning: mysql_connect(): Access denied for user: 'ODBC@localhost' (Using password: NO) in C:\Program Files\Abyss Web Server\htdocs\AU\jammer.php on line 36

I downloaded a MySQL GUI - in my case, I downloaded SQLyog. I created a user named 'ODBC' on host 'localhost' and granted it all possible privileges - it was a quick fix and probably opens my server up to countless hack attempts, but for the time being it's working.

Anybody have any ideas what happened? I know this covers a lot, but what is the deal - why did it spontaneously not let me into phpMyAdmin?

Even with the SQLyog software and all possible privileges granted for all the users including my admin account Lobsterkins, I can't get phpMyAdmin to work. I can get to the main phpMyAdmin page, but whenever I click a link, whatever window that link was in loads up a standard Internet Explored "Action Cancelled" page.

Any help at all will be totally appreciated - thank you in advance.
Glitch2082
-

PostPosted: Sun Dec 12, 2004 12:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

In the MySQL Client use the GRANT *.* blahablahblah
}
Back to top View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail
Lobsterkins
-

PostPosted: Tue Dec 14, 2004 3:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Glitch2082 - care to explain? :)
Glitch2082
-

PostPosted: Tue Dec 14, 2004 3:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sorry I can't shed a lot of light on the subject but somewhere I saw where it would stop the mysql_connect error if you grant access to something... I can't find the link again but if I come across it ill give it to you. :D

Or download the obdc connector from mysql.com - it solved my sql connect problem.

Hope I helped :D
}
Back to top View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail
Lobsterkins
-

PostPosted: Sat Dec 18, 2004 1:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Glitch - the whole ODBC@localhost and all that is fairly new to me. I need to know what users need to exist, what their passwords need to be, how they need to be 'granted' access in MySQL (and what users get what access), etc. This all worked perfectly before, so it has to be possible.

Does anybody else have any ideas? Thank you in advance.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Aprelium Forum Index -> PHP All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: