How Much Traffic?

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Marc-E-F

PostPosted: Tue Nov 12, 2002 12:58 pm    Post subject: How Much Traffic? Reply with quote

I was wondering how much sort of traffic Abyss X1 can handle my site at the moment is only pulling about, 200-300 visitors a day but it is increasing slightly each day, if the site was to get about 2-3 thousand visitors would the server crash? Thanks in advanced.
aprelium
-

PostPosted: Tue Nov 12, 2002 2:13 pm    Post subject: Re: How Much Traffic? Reply with quote

Marc-E-F wrote:
I was wondering how much sort of traffic Abyss X1 can handle my site at the moment is only pulling about, 200-300 visitors a day but it is increasing slightly each day, if the site was to get about 2-3 thousand visitors would the server crash? Thanks in advanced.

It can handle as much trafic as your computer can handle. Abyss Web Server is fats and robust enough to handle much more hits athn you plan to have. It isn't because its size isn't 100 Mb that it couldn't do the job well. According to our tests, it behaves as well as the commom web servers available in the market place.
The server won't crash. Also as you may noticed it, Abyss Web Server doesn't require too much memory to work. But if you plan to use a database and PHP or Perl on the same computer, you'll need to have room for them.
You can read also a similar topic at http://www.aprelium.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=16 .
If you have feedback about your experience, please let us know.

Thank you.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Aprelium Forum Index -> General Questions All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: