Access server from LAN to remote IP address

View previous topic :: View next topic  
scott101
-

PostPosted: Thu Mar 18, 2021 9:55 pm    Post subject: Access server from LAN to remote IP address Reply with quote

I have Abyss running for over a year now. Everything was working, but recently i noticed that LOCALLY, I can't connect to my server, running on my lan by using my remote IP address.

Local server is 192.168.15.22 port 80. that works perfectly
but still on lan i try 69.88.177.3 port 80 and i get the 'connection reset error'
So, LOCAL to 192.168.15.22 works great
REMOTE to 69.88.177.3 works great
but LOCAL TO 69.88.177.3 errors out (nothing in log either. it's like Abyss never see's the connection attempt?)

i am fwd port 80 to 192.168.15.22

When I run my telnet server, LOCALLY, I can connect to local and remote ip. Just not abyss?

I tried searching the forums. Just cant figure out the problem.
I have bind address set to *

Any ideas?
-Scott
Back to top View user's profile Send private message
admin
Site Admin

PostPosted: Thu Mar 18, 2021 11:11 pm    Post subject: Re: Access server from LAN to remote IP address Reply with quote

scott101,

Most routers will have problems when using the external address from inside the network. Some even exhibit such problems only with 80 which "they" consider as special.

So have you changed the router or did it (auto)upgrade itself with a new firmware?

By the way, right now http://69.88.177.3 times out for us. IP 69.88.177.3 does not also respond to pings.
Forum Administrator
Aprelium - https://aprelium.com
scott101
-

PostPosted: Thu Mar 18, 2021 11:25 pm    Post subject: Re: Access server from LAN to remote IP address Reply with quote

admin wrote:
scott101,

Most routers will have problems when using the external address from inside the network. Some even exhibit such problems only with 80 which "they" consider as special.

So have you changed the router or did it (auto)upgrade itself with a new firmware?

By the way, right now http://69.88.177.3 times out for us. IP 69.88.177.3 does not also respond to pings.

Admin,
i even tried changing the port# to my telnet port as a test because I know that port 2001 totally works. Abyss acts the exact same on port 2001 as 80. 2001 is also being fwd to same pc.

I even wrote a very simple HTTP (VB6) webserver and it does respond to correctly. Local and remote connections and Local to remote IP connections work fine. same IP address, same port 80. No problems whatsoever.

I'm thinking it just has to be some configure in Abyss? No router upgrades. I dont do auto updates at all.

OMG. I'm soo sorry. I did not put my real remote IP address. Just an example. I appreciate you looking into it :)

-Scott
admin
Site Admin

PostPosted: Fri Mar 19, 2021 10:17 pm    Post subject: Re: Access server from LAN to remote IP address Reply with quote

scott101,

Please send us your abyss.conf file for review. Our email address is support @ aprelium.com.

Please do not forget to add a reference to this forum thread in your message.
Forum Administrator
Aprelium - https://aprelium.com
scott101
-

PostPosted: Sat Mar 20, 2021 2:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

OK. I just did. Thank you! :)
-Scott
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Aprelium Forum Index -> Networking Issues All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: