Has there ever been a thought...

View previous topic :: View next topic  
IronJuggernaut
-

PostPosted: Sun Nov 10, 2002 6:15 pm    Post subject: Has there ever been a thought... Reply with quote

...to have Aprelium teamed up with phpBB ??

There are many people in the phpBB forum who don't know how wonderful, easy, and useful Abyss is. I have only just begun to post, but I want to announce my intentions of letting everyone with server issues (over there) to come here.

After reading some documentation about installing, PhpBB and Abyss work hand in hand. The combination would be perfect for many more applications and new users if Abyss came with a built-in SMTP server.

Great product !!!

Back to top View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address ICQ Number
aprelium
-

PostPosted: Mon Nov 11, 2002 12:40 am    Post subject: Re: Has there ever been a thought... Reply with quote

IronJuggernaut wrote:
...to have Aprelium teamed up with phpBB ??

There are many people in the phpBB forum who don't know how wonderful, easy, and useful Abyss is. I have only just begun to post, but I want to announce my intentions of letting everyone with server issues (over there) to come here.

After reading some documentation about installing, PhpBB and Abyss work hand in hand. The combination would be perfect for many more applications and new users if Abyss came with a built-in SMTP server.

Great product !!!

Thank you...

Yes, Abyss Web Server works perfectly with PHP and with clean PHP scripts (such as PhpBB.)

About teaming with PhpBB: it is an interesting idea but we doubt it will be possible to package Abyss+PHP+PhpBB without breaking one or more of the licenses of these products.

For the SMTP server, we will consider this for the future but it isn't in our immediate to-do list (we have to improve Abyss Web Server before :D .)

Again thank you for talking about Abyss Web Server.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Aprelium Forum Index -> General Questions All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: