Error 414 trying to use local console using Firefox

View previous topic :: View next topic  
beerslayer
-

PostPosted: Thu Aug 06, 2020 7:39 am    Post subject: Error 414 trying to use local console using Firefox Reply with quote

Hi,

I'm running Abyss X1 (version 2.12.1) on a computer running Linux Mint 19.3. It used to work fine, but recently I've been seeing a very strange problem when using Firefox 79.0:

I can access the console at localhost:9999, but any attempt to click on any of the icons (server configuration, SSL/TLS certificates, etc.) results in one of two occurrences every time, seemingly at random:

1) A complete failure by the browser to retrieve the page, usually with the error "The connection was reset". I'm pretty sure that error comes from Firefox, not Abyss.
2) An "Error 414 - Request URI too long" message. This does come from Abyss.

I don't know what on my system might have changed. The console seems to work properly when accessed via Chromium, but I haven't really tested it. Even clearing the cache and restarting Firefox in "Safe Mode" (extensions disabled) doesn't make any difference. I can't imagine why Firefox specifically does not work with the web console. I really do not wish to switch to Chromium. Does anyone out there have any ideas why Firefox might choke on this site? Could it have something to do with any Abyss settings?
-

PostPosted: Thu Aug 06, 2020 8:05 am    Post subject: Source of problem found, but still... why only Firefox? Reply with quote

Well, I managed to solve 90% of the problem myself. Turns out I had apparently tinkered with one of Abyss' settings: "Server Configuration:Parameters:Advanced Parameters:Maximum length of the HTTP request line". I had reduced this value to 1024. When I set it back to the default 4096, the console works again.

But I still don't get why it only affected Firefox, and Chromium got in OK. Shouldn't they both be sending the same URIs when communicating with the server?

Ah, well. That'll teach me to tinker with random server settings and forget that I had done so. :P
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Aprelium Forum Index -> General Questions All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: