Port Forwarding through VPN Configure

View previous topic :: View next topic  
LongBottom
-

PostPosted: Tue Jul 28, 2020 5:47 pm    Post subject: Port Forwarding through VPN Configure Reply with quote

Hi Friends!

After a couple of hours of trying and error, I am hoping to get some help here.
I am trying to configure a Port Forwarding from one pfSense Router to another through VPN connection. Some more detail on the current network:

pfSense A (192.168.2.0/24)

OpenVPN (192.168.3.0/24)

pfSense B (192.168.4.0/24)

The VPN connection is working correctly and the traffic seems to be routed correctly as far as I can tell.
I have added a Port Forwarding rule on pfSense A to forward port 80 to an IP address on the LAN network of pfSense B (e.g. 192.168.4.3) but that is not working. Port Forwarding to the LAN network of pfSense A (e.g. 192.168.2.3) is working normally.
Is there any rule I need to configure on the firewall of pfSense B?
Should I port forward to the OpenVPN interface of pfSense B and the forward again to the LAN address or should I try other VPN that offers port forwarding like this one?

Thank you all in advance for any help on this topic!
Site Admin

PostPosted: Sat Aug 01, 2020 9:24 pm    Post subject: Re: Port Forwarding through VPN Configure Reply with quote

[quote="LongBottom"]
I have added a Port Forwarding rule on pfSense A to forward port 80 to an IP address on the LAN network of pfSense B (e.g. 192.168.4.3) but that is not working. Port Forwarding to the LAN network of pfSense A (e.g. 192.168.2.3) is working normally./quote]

This is the main issue. You are trying to make A forward traffic to B while A and B are on two disjoint networks from an IP point of view. A can only communicate with IP addresses 192.168.2.XXX only. So it cannot send anything to 192.168.4.3.
Forum Administrator
Aprelium - https://aprelium.com
Back to top View user's profile Send private message
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Aprelium Forum Index -> General Questions All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: