What?

View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Sat Apr 20, 2002 5:32 pm    Post subject: What? Reply with quote

what kind of connection should i have now i have 56k but the server crashes my comp is there like a minamum connection speed? and can u take that IP and turn it into a domin? :mrgreen:
POMP
-

PostPosted: Sun Apr 21, 2002 7:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think you should have at least a broadband (cable or DSL) connection. And, as long as you have a static IP address, you can easily associate a domain name to it. Just go to any registrar and purchase one. I use godaddy.com because they are $8.95/year. You can do it with a dynamic IP address too, but it's a little more complicated.
Back to top View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger ICQ Number
jelena

PostPosted: Mon Apr 22, 2002 12:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

about domain names... d2g.com (http://www.d2g.com) offers domain names for free and as far as i know it can work with dynamic IP addresses as well as with static.
E-Oreo
-

PostPosted: Tue Apr 23, 2002 12:10 am    Post subject: what Reply with quote

whats the difference between a dynamic and static ip address?? is there anywhere i can get a free domain for a small-medium buisness?
Back to top View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Aprelium Forum Index -> General Questions All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: