Abyss and phpBB

View previous topic :: View next topic  
IronJuggernaut
-

PostPosted: Wed Oct 30, 2002 3:48 am    Post subject: Abyss and phpBB Reply with quote

First off, I would like to say this is the most versatile and dependable program I have ever found. Thankyou developers for your work.

Win 98 machine
MySQL 3.23.53
PhP 4.2.3
Abyss Webserver
PhPBB forum
Running it all from home

My request is that I need to know if I am able to make Abyss act like a SMTP mailer so that phpBB can work correctly. If there a switch I must throw/enable ? Is there a proggie I can go out and get to add with Abyss ??

Thankyou
Back to top View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address ICQ Number
aprelium
-

PostPosted: Wed Oct 30, 2002 9:25 pm    Post subject: Re: Abyss and phpBB Reply with quote

IronJuggernaut wrote:
First off, I would like to say this is the most versatile and dependable program I have ever found. Thankyou developers for your work.

Win 98 machine
MySQL 3.23.53
PhP 4.2.3
Abyss Webserver
PhPBB forum
Running it all from home

My request is that I need to know if I am able to make Abyss act like a SMTP mailer so that phpBB can work correctly. If there a switch I must throw/enable ? Is there a proggie I can go out and get to add with Abyss ??

Thankyou

You can install an SMTP server on your computer. Please read http://www.aprelium.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=114&highlight=sendmail .
But as this trurns always to be complicated, you can still use your ISP's SMTP server with PHP. Just edit the php.ini file and locate the following lines:
Code:

[mail function]
; For Win32 only.
SMTP = smtp.yourisp.com ; for Win32 only

And change smtp.yourisp.com to be the same as the name of the SMTP server you configure in your mail application (outlook or similar.)
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Aprelium Forum Index -> General Questions All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: