pmachineCMS/abyss

View previous topic :: View next topic  
DivaX007

PostPosted: Tue Oct 29, 2002 10:41 pm    Post subject: pmachineCMS/abyss Reply with quote

is abyss compatible with pMachine(free version)? i am running win98/abyss/php on local machine. when i do step 5 in the pmachine installation "Upload pMachine to your web server" do i just copy the pmachine folder to the abyss folder, or to a sub-folder of the abyss folder...if so which one?

the last step of the installation is:
"Run the pMachine installation script, inside the pm directory (which you may have renamed), you'll find a file called install.php. Load that page with your web browser. Doing so will run a script which will configure your database and set up the default site."

when i do this i get an error404.

thanks in advance
aprelium
-

PostPosted: Wed Oct 30, 2002 12:06 am    Post subject: Re: pmachineCMS/abyss Reply with quote

DivaX007 wrote:
is abyss compatible with pMachine(free version)? i am running win98/abyss/php on local machine. when i do step 5 in the pmachine installation "Upload pMachine to your web server" do i just copy the pmachine folder to the abyss folder, or to a sub-folder of the abyss folder...if so which one?

the last step of the installation is:
"Run the pMachine installation script, inside the pm directory (which you may have renamed), you'll find a file called install.php. Load that page with your web browser. Doing so will run a script which will configure your database and set up the default site."

when i do this i get an error404.

thanks in advance

Create a subforlder in htdocs/ and put files there. Error 404 means that you asked for a file which wasn't there so that indicates that you haven't put the files in the right place.
Since this script is written in PHP, it should work correctly. But it's up to you to know where to put it (and we think the directories architecture is simple enough to be easily mastered).
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Aprelium Forum Index -> PHP All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: