Redirecting problem for a noobie

View previous topic :: View next topic  
bullet-worm
-

PostPosted: Mon Aug 09, 2004 9:23 pm    Post subject: Redirecting problem for a noobie Reply with quote

Okay, I have 2 sites up and running:

www.loanasmemories.com

and

www.wormsworld.net

I am doing this via the PHP script, redirecting to the appropriate sub-folders for each site.

I have the domains through registerfly.com (I saw someone suggest them to help handle this multiple domain problem). It looks like I have 2 choices:

1) redirect without the domain name listed

2) redirect with ONLY the domain name listed

Problem with 1) is that after the re-direct, your websites address in the address bar suddenly becomes the IP/webfolders/etc... you completely lose your domain name in the address bar. It just doesn't look good to have http://69.56.147.100/website/worm/downloads.html in the address bar.

Problem with 2) is that no matter where you browse in the website, all you get is the domain name. For exaple, instead of getting www.wormdsworld.net/forums.htm, all you still see is www.wormsworld.net. And if you hit the refresh on a sub-page, you will refresh back out to the main page.

Now I am CERTAINLY no web master, both of these sites are for personal/fun use. Any help on how I could make my sites 'act' like a real site on the address bar would be very appreciared. I am lost at this point. :(
Back to top View user's profile Send private message
iNaNimAtE
-

PostPosted: Mon Aug 09, 2004 9:26 pm    Post subject: Re: Redirecting problem for a noobie Reply with quote

bullet-worm wrote:
Now I am CERTAINLY no web master, both of these sites are for personal/fun use. Any help on how I could make my sites 'act' like a real site on the address bar would be very appreciared. I am lost at this point. :(

Nope. You've basically hit the end of the line. You've tried everything you can do.

Actually, there is one more thing you can do. If you use ZoneEdit or a similar DNS provider to associate your domain names with your IP address, then, you can have www.site1.com/site1/index.html and www.site2.com/site2/index.html work.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Aprelium Forum Index -> General Questions All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: