Buddy Buddha Dot Net (not religous at all)

View previous topic :: View next topic  

Rate My Site!
10 -- After I have seen that on the net, this site is the SHIZNITE!!
20%
 20%  [ 1 ]
9 -- This site is not the best, it's the SECOND BEST!
0%
 0%  [ 0 ]
8 -- Awesomely Awful!
0%
 0%  [ 0 ]
7 -- Completely useless, but slightly entertaining.
20%
 20%  [ 1 ]
6 -- Good to browse at 2:00 AM
40%
 40%  [ 2 ]
5 -- Funny, but retarded.
0%
 0%  [ 0 ]
4 -- No, I expect you to die... For making this site.
0%
 0%  [ 0 ]
3 -- Boring as watching paint dry. Which is slightly entertaining.
20%
 20%  [ 1 ]
2 -- Uhh, this is stupid.
0%
 0%  [ 0 ]
1 -- After I have seen that on the net, this site is a piece of SHIZNITE!
0%
 0%  [ 0 ]
Total Votes : 5

buddybuddha
-

PostPosted: Tue Aug 03, 2004 6:17 am    Post subject: Buddy Buddha Dot Net (not religous at all) Reply with quote

Here, we have the best Semi-Buddhist website ever. It's just my personal site. I use it for fun. There's a forum, image hosting, user-submitted lyrics database, and the story of my ENTIRE LIFE (while I had the site up)

Anyways, check it out and tell me what you think:

http://www.buddybuddha.net

It's fookin sweet!
Back to top View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address
Stone-D
-

PostPosted: Tue Aug 03, 2004 9:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Interesting and novel layout. You need to get more content on there - but, hey, I can't talk. I'm still fiddling with my perl backend. Err. :P
iNaNimAtE
-

PostPosted: Wed Aug 04, 2004 4:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

"Warez
Links to warez sites, hacks, whatever floats ur boat. Managed entirely by Justin Boyle. I cant get in shit for having this privacy act signed by bill clinton says so."
Haha... funny. Just because an ex-president "says so" won't stop the FBI from coming to your doorstep. Also, please don't use "hacks" and "warez" in the same sentence.

Otherwise, not bad. Still needs some more content though.
-

PostPosted: Thu Aug 05, 2004 3:24 am    Post subject: warez Reply with quote

hey dude, I only did that cuz my bud Justin Boyle wanted me too. So, its his responsibility entirely. Dont blame me for anything he does!

It's fookin sweet!
Back to top View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address
Anonymoose
-

PostPosted: Thu Aug 05, 2004 4:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

As the host, you are legally responsible for your content. There is no privacy act signed by Bill Clinton. It's a myth. Do some research before relying on anything as blatantly false as this disclaimer - when they come knocking, you're screwed quite frankly.

http://www.snopes.com/legal/privacy.htm
http://www.lpconline.com/internet_privacy_act.html
Back to top View user's profile Send private message
Foxified
-

PostPosted: Thu Aug 05, 2004 10:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Anonymoose wrote:
As the host, you are legally responsible for your content. There is no privacy act signed by Bill Clinton. It's a myth. Do some research before relying on anything as blatantly false as this disclaimer - when they come knocking, you're screwed quite frankly.

http://www.snopes.com/legal/privacy.htm
http://www.lpconline.com/internet_privacy_act.html

I know, learn to do good disclaimers ;)~

like, its a backup, and u must own the backup, bla bla, to that extent, worked for my friends.. LOL

PostPosted: Thu Aug 05, 2004 10:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Disclaimers are worthless, you can't claim to break into peoples houses for "educational purposes" now can you? Regardless of what you write in your disclaimer, if anyone decides to sue/contact your isp/send you a warning, you haven't got a leg to stand on.
Foxified
-

PostPosted: Thu Aug 05, 2004 7:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

bunnies are cute.

Last edited by Foxified on Thu Aug 05, 2004 10:24 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address MSN Messenger
Anonymoose
-

PostPosted: Thu Aug 05, 2004 8:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The site is still up because the program is not a virus or worm. Trojans require people to install them - it is not a crime to write RAT code, it is a crime to install a RAT executable on a computer that is not your own. Their disclaimer has nothing to do with it. If they wrote a version of Sub 7 that spread of it's own accord, worm style, they would be busted the same as any other virus author. The disclaimer defence is no defence - it might sound impressive when you read it, but if you're in the US the DMCA will screw you every time...

Quote:

In the DeCSS case, the judge ruled that 2600 magazine, by linking, wasn't providing DeCSS software, but it was "trafficking" in it. What the judge said was that linking wasn't just telling people where something was, which remains legal. Linking, the judge felt, was an action as well as expressing information. He picked the bizarrely extreme analogy of political assassination, which is both expressive and murderous at the same time, to explain that some forms of expression which do other things can be regulated.

The owners of the 2600 web site replaced their links with text URLs, and so far are unpersecuted. This would be in line with the theory that a link is not just a piece of text but also code in a computer language (HTML) that builds a virtual "button" that people push to cause not just speech, but actions to take place.

http://www.templetons.com/brad/copymyths.html

To put it even more bluntly,

Quote:

Myth:

I have a disclaimer on my site that protects me.

Fact:

A disclaimer cannot shift your liability to someone else. You are still contributing to copyright infringement.

Directly from a document by the BSA, responsible for most court cases involving pirated software.

You should also read up on the "No Electronic Theft Act".

I'm not trying to pick an argument here, just giving you a heads up that no matter how you try to pass the blame, if you end up in court, you will be screwed.
buddybuddha
-

PostPosted: Sun Aug 08, 2004 10:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

so apparently all u have to say about my site is that i shouldnt have that damn section up, i only put it there cuz justin wanted it. not like anythings in there. The whole "bill clinton" thing was a joke, derpt. Whatever, Ill get rid of it.

It's fookin sweet!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Aprelium Forum Index -> Powered by Abyss All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: