HELP!!!!

View previous topic :: View next topic  
bradg440
-

PostPosted: Mon Aug 02, 2004 1:49 am    Post subject: HELP!!!! Reply with quote

ok, as you can tell from my subject, i need help, can someone just write me a step by step tutorial on what to do (click here click here) not configure this to... im sorry but i just dont get it, someone please help me
Back to top View user's profile Send private message AIM Address
Anonymoose
-

PostPosted: Mon Aug 02, 2004 1:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Here's a step by step tutorial on how to write a decent post.

1) Post a summary of the problem in the title, not "OMGWTFBBQHELP£!(£!(!£ASDF"

2) Post your operating system, network setup - e.g. router/modem/cable/LAN?

3) POST WHAT YOUR PROBLEM IS!!!! You've given absolutely no idea of what it is you want us to write a step by step tutorial for, what problems you are already having etc.

Personally, I'd suggest clicking on the X button at the top right of your screen, uninstalling Abyss, and sticking to playing Solitaire based on the intelligence of this post. However, since Aprelium have already written it, in the form of a strange thing called a "Manual" here is the click here click here guide.

http://www.aprelium.com/data/abyssws-x1-win-doc-html/install.html

... and an FAQ

http://www.aprelium.com/abyssws/faq.html

Unfortunately, I cannot teach you to read, or read it out for you. Sorry.
Back to top View user's profile Send private message
bradg440
-

PostPosted: Mon Aug 02, 2004 2:09 am    Post subject: tutorial on getting your server online Reply with quote

well, i guess ill say thank you to the person who submited the last reply... at least he read my post, but anyway, what i want, is for someone to write me a basic tutorial on what to do if someone cannot view their webpage, i know many people have this complaint, and they say the people that reply to them fix their problem, however i just dont get most of them because they say things like configure your firewall to allow port 80, i undertand what all of the words are, but i dont know how to do that, i just want someone to tell me what i should do step by step below this im going to put some information on things ive done
tried port 8000
tried 8080
allowed firewall to port 8080
set abyss to port 8080
viewed my server on my computer
found my ip address
got very frustrated
Back to top View user's profile Send private message AIM Address
iNaNimAtE
-

PostPosted: Mon Aug 02, 2004 6:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Oh wow! If you would have searched around the foums, you may have noticed that you're not the only one with the problem, and tutorials have already been written.

http://www.aprelium.com/forum/search.php
http://www.aprelium.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=3806
http://www.cfxnetworks.com/abyss/
-

PostPosted: Fri Aug 27, 2004 1:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

YEs it is the trend of the younger generation, its far easier to ask someone how to and what to do than to read how to.

My girlfriend does it all the time, she has a PC and internet yet calls me up to ask me something... go figure!

It also has come to my attention that allot of these people do not have any manners at all, if you browse the threads you will see that a majority of them do not even come back and thank people for assisting, some even post the same thing again under a different title when all they need to do is find and *bump* the post to the top of the list.

I WILL SUGGEST THIS TO THE FORUM ADMIN....

On most of the forums I visit, I have suggested that noobs are held in a noob area, they need to show that they are reading the FAQ's to get to the next level, the Forum itself. That way you will reduce the number of repeated posts on the same subject whilst maintaining the forum from clutter.

It would also make searchin g through threads easier, reduce traffic in un-needed posts, etc.

ALSO.... kick people if they DO NOT COMPLY, a simple return to the noob arena as a pointer to the fact that the person has been a total ass head.

what do you think?
Back to top View user's profile Send private message
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Aprelium Forum Index -> General Questions All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: