Adding ActivePerl support to a x32 Abyss question

View previous topic :: View next topic  
ionicle
-

PostPosted: Tue Aug 20, 2013 11:15 am    Post subject: Adding ActivePerl support to a x32 Abyss question Reply with quote

I am considering adding Perl support to my Abyss installation. The page that provides a description of the Perl implementation, however, only points out that I should download ActivePerl, without specifying whether I should be using a x32 or a x64 version.

My Abyss installation is a x32 one, on a Windows 7 Pro x64 machine. Should I use x32 or x64 ActivePerl in order to achieve maximum efficiency? Will the x64 ActivePerl be able to communicate properly with the x32 Abyss?
Back to top View user's profile Send private message
aprelium-support
-

PostPosted: Fri Aug 23, 2013 7:32 pm    Post subject: Re: Adding ActivePerl support to a x32 Abyss question Reply with quote

ionicle,

There are no restrictions. If you have a 64 bit system, you could install on it a 64-bit Abyss Web Server and a 32-bit Perl and have them work together without any problems. The opposite is okay too.

Regarding performance, we recommend the 64-bit version of Perl on a 64-bot Windows. But the performance gain is not huge when compared to the 32-bit version (except in some situation when doing heavy computations.)
Gleedaniel13
-

PostPosted: Wed Jan 29, 2014 2:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
My Abyss installation is a x32 one, on a Windows 7 Pro x64 machine. Should I use x32 or x64 ActivePerl in order to achieve maximum efficiency? Will the x64 ActivePerl be able to communicate properly with the x32 Abyss?

I think it will always be a default that when a you upgrade the applications, the higher versions will also work on the lower versions.
-

PostPosted: Mon Jan 28, 2019 2:02 pm    Post subject: Re: Adding ActivePerl support to a x32 Abyss question Reply with quote

aprelium-support wrote:
ionicle,

There are no restrictions. If you have a 64 bit system, you could install on it a 64-bit Abyss Web Server and a 32-bit Perl and have them work together without any problems. The opposite is okay too.

Regarding performance, we recommend the 64-bit version of Perl on a 64-bot Windows. But the performance gain is not huge when compared to the 32-bit version (except in some situation when doing heavy computations.)

Thank you for reply! Had the same question!
Back to top View user's profile Send private message
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Aprelium Forum Index -> Perl All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: