Error 403 - forbidden

View previous topic :: View next topic  
mm
-

PostPosted: Mon Jan 28, 2019 5:45 am    Post subject: Error 403 - forbidden Reply with quote

I have just installed Abyss webserver and am getting error 403 on a standard index.htm file. I am running Linux Mint 32bit. I am accessing the server only via localhost.
I have read every message I can find on this topic and have noted in particular the discussion on Directory Listing and IP Access Control but have not been able to resolve the problem.
Unless there is something obvious here, the next step will be to delete the server and try a reinstall.
Mike
Back to top View user's profile Send private message
admin
Site Admin

PostPosted: Tue Jan 29, 2019 4:59 pm    Post subject: Re: Error 403 - forbidden Reply with quote

mm,

Error 403 on Linux for a normal file is usually a problem related to permissions. In other words, the user running Abyss Web Server has no read access to the file that you're trying to browse.

If this does not help, please let us know the results of executing both of these commands on the a terminal:

Code:

# Determine who is running abyssws
ps -Al| grep abyssws
# list contents of htdocs with their permissions and owner
ls -Al /full/path/to/htdocs

Forum Administrator
Aprelium - https://aprelium.com
Gian
-

PostPosted: Sat Mar 21, 2020 12:44 pm    Post subject: Re: Error 403 - forbidden Reply with quote

admin wrote:
mm,

Error 403 on Linux for a normal file is usually a problem related to permissions. In other words, the user running Abyss Web Server has no read access to the file that you're trying to browse.

If this does not help, please let us know the results of executing both of these commands on the a terminal:

Code:

ps -Al| grep abyssws

Hi, I have the same problem and i would like to know how you have solve it
admin
Site Admin

PostPosted: Mon Mar 23, 2020 7:06 pm    Post subject: Re: Error 403 - forbidden Reply with quote

Gian wrote:
admin wrote:
mm,

Code:

ps -Al| grep abyssws

Hi, I have the same problem and i would like to know how you have solve it

The file should be readable by the user account running Abyss Web Server. For example, if Abyss Web Server is running using the user account named "gian", a file needs to be readable by "gian".

This is usually done using the chmod command or by checking the permissions of the file in your usual file manager.

To be able to help more effectively, we need the information requested above by running both commands and giving us their output. Also do not forget to let us know what exact URL fails with error 403.

We suggest also that you contact us by email for a faster exchange and a better resolution of your issue.
Forum Administrator
Aprelium - https://aprelium.com
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Aprelium Forum Index -> General Questions All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: