Acces datebase.

View previous topic :: View next topic  
TransA
-

PostPosted: Tue Jun 29, 2004 11:43 pm    Post subject: Acces datebase. Reply with quote

How do I get acces databases on Abyss Webserv? I've installed ActiveHTML.
Please help. I don't get it :(
Back to top View user's profile Send private message
iNaNimAtE
-

PostPosted: Tue Jun 29, 2004 11:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

You're going to need to learn ASP, or visit www.hotscripts.com for a script.

You need to describe more on what you want to do than just "I want an access database."
-

PostPosted: Wed Jun 30, 2004 4:11 pm    Post subject: Database Error Reply with quote

mm Same problem here i just installed the Webserver program then got the plugin for the ASP Script.

i get this error message:
"
Microsoft OLE DB Provider for ODBC Drivers- Error '80004005'

[Microsoft][ODBC Microsoft Access Driver] '(unknown)' is not a valid path. Make sure that the path name is spelled correctly and that you are connected to the server on which the file resides.

/events.asp, line 16
"

line 16 states "rs.Open Query, dsn" i am linking to a database in calendar/admin/foldername/databasename - i use an SQUL statement in the asp sqipt to pull data from this database to display info i also have an SQL statment on the same page which is displayed after the events one and is also linked to the same database.

the scripts are all set up with relative addressing (ie scripts/events.asp etc) and work fine on the internet (http://www.aafc.adfc.gov.au/316sqn/home.asp).

How do i make it work or fix the problem?? do you have to set somthing up with the MDAC on the computer - i am runnign Windows 2000 proferssional
HIWD
-

PostPosted: Wed Jun 30, 2004 9:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

That script is looking for a ODBC database.
To setup one you will have to go to your control panel, and then go to Administrative tools. There should be an icon displaying "Data Sources (ODBC)" their you will be able to define a ODBC data source.

You will have to make add a data source and point it to the database in your script.
Back to top View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website
brendan_hooper
-

PostPosted: Thu Jul 01, 2004 4:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

bit more info please???

i have updated the mdac softweare to 2.8 i think it is - what sort of link do i make etc?
HIWD
-

PostPosted: Thu Jul 01, 2004 4:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Check if a readme file came with the application, all the info you need should be in there.
Back to top View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Aprelium Forum Index -> Classic ASP All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: