Has anyone ever seen an issue installing SSMSE on windows 7?

View previous topic :: View next topic  
chromebuster
-

PostPosted: Mon Mar 15, 2010 4:20 pm    Post subject: Has anyone ever seen an issue installing SSMSE on windows 7? Reply with quote

I've been having serious issues installing this product on 32 bit windows 7. My current issue is that When I click the installer file, it acts as if it wants to install, then instead of doing so, it simply brings up the windows compatibility assistant and prompts me to install the update for service pack 1 for SQl server 2008. So I go to do so. Next thing I know, I turn around, and there's the prompt for the update again. It's like the update is not holding or something, and even when it does, this installer file doesn't seem to register that it is there. I can't tell you how many times I've tried to look this up with no avail. if anyone has any input, it would be greatly appreciated. I also tried running the installer from the command prompt, and even that did not solve anything as it was claimed to do by someone at MSDN. If someone could reply as soon as possible, that would be awesome. I'll be talking to Microsoft about this as well and seeing what they have to say, but if I didn't have to do that, I'd rather not. As of yesterday, I checked it's requirements, and all I got were article warnings saying that the articles I was reading applied to a different version of windows. If anyone has any input, that'd be wonderful
Update: never mind installing the studio manager for MsSQl server, now i can't even install the server itself onto my desktop. They have shifted their product a bit, so now the R2 version is out. That is the one I was trying to use, and the first attempt led to a program crash, then the next attempt led to simply a close of the program. What am I doing wrong?

Thanks.
Back to top View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address MSN Messenger
szubi
-

PostPosted: Sat Sep 18, 2010 2:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
What am I doing wrong?

Nothing, it's MS feature...
Szubi

PS
Sorry, I'm a bit tired and frustrated trying to install MSSQL2008R2 Express Edition on my box........
Perhaps (in my situation) the reason is that I had VS2010Beta Preview installed some time ago...Uninstalling MS products doesn't mean "reverting to the state before installation"......
Back to top View user's profile Send private message
Gleedaniel13
-

PostPosted: Sat Oct 05, 2013 11:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Maybe your files you want to upload is not supported by the MS windows. Try another installers, maybe that would work.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Aprelium Forum Index -> Databases All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: