Joined: 03 Mar 2002
|Posted: Fri Aug 03, 2018 4:27 pm Post subject: HTTPS in reverse-proxy
|This is a quick tutorial to demonstrate how to reverse-proxy a site with HTTPS. For that, we're going to reverse proxy the whole google.com from one of your hosts.
* Open the console
* Create a new host or select an already existing one
* Press "Configure" associated with the host that will be configured for reverse-proxying
* Select "Reverse Proxy"
* In the displayed screen, press "Add" in the "Reverse Proxy Rules" table
* Enter / in the "Local Virtual Path" field
* Enter www.google.com in the "Remote Host" field
* Set "Remote Port" to 443
* Set "Remote Virtual Path" to /
* Check "HTTPS"
* Press "OK"
* Press "Restart"
Now browse the host you've just configured. You should see the main Google page. Try then interacting with the site to verify that your host is transparently serving content from google.com while you're browsing your own site.
Follow @abyssws on Twitter
Subscribe to our newsletter
Aprelium - https://aprelium.com