My quiet little forum

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Shoresy
-

PostPosted: Tue Jun 15, 2004 2:53 am    Post subject: My quiet little forum Reply with quote

Hi, got my phpbb forum set up a couple of days ago, running on Abyss.

I am no expert with computers (started in 99) but through reading etc, i can get along quite well now.
This is why i decided to finally have a go at doing something a little out of the ordinary, by making a forum & hosting it myself.
I have zero html, php or other skills of the type and have poor graphics skill with image editors, but i think i done fiarly well with me forum (makes a change :o)

I got it all set up, after some trials and of course errors, by reading the tutorials on this forum and other sites. Being rather dense at retaining/understanding new things, i finally stumbled through,
The result is this http://shoresy.no-ip.org/forum/

I only have a 128kbps upload and the default subsilver graphics weighs in at 24.47kb on my main page and i managed to get it to 13.01kb with my template.
i do however wander how quick the forum is for people, response time and load time, aswell as what you think of the looks.

There is 2 things i would like to know how to resolve........

1)How to put the Abyss icon with link, to the bottem of the page, just above the Powered By PhpBB.

2)How to fix an error caused by googlebot......... error 404 on robots.txt, found using Funnel Web Analyzer.

Thanks
Back to top View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website
iNaNimAtE
-

PostPosted: Tue Jun 15, 2004 3:56 am    Post subject: Re: My quiet little forum Reply with quote

Shoresy wrote:
2)How to fix an error caused by googlebot......... error 404 on robots.txt, found using Funnel Web Analyzer.

Google looks for a robots.txt file when crawling the web. If you don't have one, then it will say 404.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Aprelium Forum Index -> Powered by Abyss All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: