Installed abyss, can't be seen from anywhere else

View previous topic :: View next topic  
mrbingley

PostPosted: Mon Sep 30, 2002 4:37 pm    Post subject: Installed abyss, can't be seen from anywhere else Reply with quote

I've installed abyss on a pc which is behind a router, which has port forwarding enabled and set to the PC where abyss is installed.
The only PC that can see the server index page is the one that has the prog. I'm assuming that abyss is setting itself as 127.0.0.1, how do I change it so that it listens through the IP address I want it to.
I've looked in the conf file and there seems to be no way to set this up. I've gone through every setting in the console and there's nothing there either.
I've shut down my firewall, nothing.
So how do I change the settings so that the web server can be seen from somewhere other than it's own PC ?
Any help would be appreciated.

Cheers
Chris.

PS: My ISP doesn't block port 80
aprelium
-

PostPosted: Tue Oct 01, 2002 12:33 pm    Post subject: Re: Installed abyss, can't be seen from anywhere else Reply with quote

mrbingley wrote:
I've installed abyss on a pc which is behind a router, which has port forwarding enabled and set to the PC where abyss is installed.
The only PC that can see the server index page is the one that has the prog. I'm assuming that abyss is setting itself as 127.0.0.1, how do I change it so that it listens through the IP address I want it to.
I've looked in the conf file and there seems to be no way to set this up. I've gone through every setting in the console and there's nothing there either.
I've shut down my firewall, nothing.
So how do I change the settings so that the web server can be seen from somewhere other than it's own PC ?
Any help would be appreciated.

Cheers
Chris.

PS: My ISP doesn't block port 80

You need to know what is your IP. 127.0.0.1 is an IP available on each computer and means "my computer" (by the way, this is how TCP/IP protocol works, Abyss Web Server has nothing to do with it. It never setup an IP, it just use what it finds on your machine).
So each computer has at least one IP, the loopback IP:127.0.0.1 and eventually other IPs (The one for your network connection/modem/etc...).
To Know what is your "real" IP, go to http://www.aprelum.com/ip .
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Aprelium Forum Index -> Networking Issues All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: