different types of cgi

View previous topic :: View next topic  
sobie
-

PostPosted: Sat Sep 28, 2002 8:26 pm    Post subject: different types of cgi Reply with quote

does anyone know if abyss supports other forms of cgi like tcl??? also i looked all around and read all the releavent info on wincgi here on the forum but i was just wondering if i missed the specifications for the wincgi???

is there anything else we should know about except that it must be a 32 bit console?
Back to top View user's profile Send private message AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
aprelium
-

PostPosted: Sun Sep 29, 2002 3:22 am    Post subject: Re: different types of cgi Reply with quote

sobie wrote:
does anyone know if abyss supports other forms of cgi like tcl??? also i looked all around and read all the releavent info on wincgi here on the forum but i was just wondering if i missed the specifications for the wincgi???

is there anything else we should know about except that it must be a 32 bit console?

Your question is has three folds:
* Running TCL is possible with Abyss Web Server. The procedure is almost the same as the one we describe for PHP and Perl. Download the TCL package, install it, add the interpreter and associate it with the relevant extensions (tcl for example) and check the CGI paths. By the way, many users are using TCL, Python or Ruby with Abyss Web Server (some of them are even using BASIC derivates as CGI interpreters).
* WinCGI isn't supported. We may support it but honestly, we doesn't think it is worth adding. WinCGI was designed in those early days where Windows was so limitated that interprocess communication was only possible through files. Using WinCGI is dramatically slow and the number CGI applications that uses it tends now to 0.
* Abyss Web Server runs any executable which is a Win32 console application. This is not a real limitation as 100% of the compilers available now can produce that kind of files and because all the popular interpreters are in that format. Support for old 16-bit DOS applications is currently under design and we hope it will be available in the final version 1.1.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Aprelium Forum Index -> FastCGI/CGI All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: