Server Stats...

View previous topic :: View next topic  
shawn.berg
-

PostPosted: Sat May 29, 2004 12:25 am    Post subject: Server Stats... Reply with quote

One small question:

In the server stats section of the Abyss console, I was wondering if the "hits" counted are true hits to my site. They (the hits, html hits) seem awfully high and do not coincide with my counter I installed on my web page. I reset the stats page, installed the counter, went back to look at the stats page and it said I had 12 hits in those 30 seconds. I went back to my site and the counter was at 2. Hmm....

Sincerely,

Shawn.Berg
Back to top View user's profile Send private message MSN Messenger
Foxified
-

PostPosted: Sat May 29, 2004 1:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

that counter seems to be having odd issues, also , note when you reload your doing a couple ;)

I wouldnt depend on that counter.. I suggest getting another , hotscripts.net

PostPosted: Sun May 30, 2004 2:40 pm    Post subject: Re: Server Stats... Reply with quote

shawn.berg,

A hit is any request that your server get. So if your page has 10 embedded images, any person browsing it will generate 11 hits (1 for the HTML+10 images). The counter installed on your page will only count the HTML page hits. To see all the activity your server gets, monitor log/access.log file, you'll see there all the requests.
mcwilliams132
-

PostPosted: Tue Jun 01, 2004 6:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I HIGHLY recomend that you download FUNNEL WEB ANALIZER (just do a google search)...It's totally free and is as powerful as Webtrends.

all you do (once installed), set a few parameters and point it at your access.log file.

You'll get a TON of stats from visits, hits, trends, popular pages on your site, etc... too many to list...

get that tool!!!
:: "Lobster sticks to magnet!"
Back to top View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website
PlatinumCS
-

PostPosted: Wed Jun 02, 2004 6:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jon-Paul,

Thanks greatly for that Funnel Web Analyzer tip. That program is fantastic. Could you answer a question for me though?

I use DynamicDNS to update my IP link. Since I use that I get my DYNDNS link as my referrer on every web visit and cannot get the actually refering link. Can this be corrected?
iNaNimAtE
-

PostPosted: Wed Jun 02, 2004 11:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It seems that every time a user accesses your site, he/she contacts DynDNS, and DynDNS contacts your server. In this case, you couldn't correct it. However, when a user clicks on a link on your webpage, is it a direct link to a page, or does it go through DynDNS?

The only way I can think of correcting this is to use a real DNS service.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Aprelium Forum Index -> General Questions All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: