Multiple webservers

View previous topic :: View next topic  
mythix
-

PostPosted: Fri Sep 20, 2002 2:05 pm    Post subject: Multiple webservers Reply with quote

Hi,

I'm going to apologise first for what might seem a dumb question :oops: but here we go:

I am running abyss webserver at the moment for web development on my local PC. I want to also install apache because of the .htaccess files. Is it possible to run both of these servers simultaneously on the same machine?

Also, where I have installed abyss it automatically asumes the name 'localhost' can I alter this?

Back to top View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website
aprelium
-

PostPosted: Fri Sep 20, 2002 2:39 pm    Post subject: Re: Multiple webservers Reply with quote

mythix wrote:
Hi,

I'm going to apologise first for what might seem a dumb question :oops: but here we go:

I am running abyss webserver at the moment for web development on my local PC. I want to also install apache because of the .htaccess files. Is it possible to run both of these servers simultaneously on the same machine?

Also, where I have installed abyss it automatically asumes the name 'localhost' can I alter this?

Yes, you can install another web server on the same machine. Just assign it another web port number (for example, Abyss is on port 80 and the other server will be on 8000).
By the way, version 1.1 of Abyss Web Server implements a mechanism similar to .htaccess files. You should take a look on it.

The name 'localhost' (or IP 127.0.0.1) isn't assumed by Abyss Web Server. It is rather the name of your machine when accessed locally. This has to do with TCP/IP protocol.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Aprelium Forum Index -> General Questions All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: