Does shtml slow down server?

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Pinkstar

PostPosted: Fri Sep 20, 2002 1:25 pm    Post subject: Does shtml slow down server? Reply with quote

Hello,

I notice an ernormeous speed-loss of the Abyss Webserver when I call my index.shtml page. If I load the same page with the extension .html (also the SSI directives taken out) the same page loads much faster. it's just the extension difference that seems to cause the speedloss. Does anybody have any idea what might cause this?

Thanks!
aprelium
-

PostPosted: Fri Sep 20, 2002 2:36 pm    Post subject: Re: Does shtml slow down server? Reply with quote

Pinkstar wrote:
Hello,

I notice an ernormeous speed-loss of the Abyss Webserver when I call my index.shtml page. If I load the same page with the extension .html (also the SSI directives taken out) the same page loads much faster. it's just the extension difference that seems to cause the speedloss. Does anybody have any idea what might cause this?

Thanks!

.shtml files (and in general all SSI files) require much more processing time than other simple files. That's why they take more time to download.
For your iformation, a simple file is sent diretly over the network. SSI files are parsed, directives are detected and processed and the result is sent to the client browser. This requires more time.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Aprelium Forum Index -> General Questions All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: