multiple sites?

View previous topic :: View next topic  
aero

PostPosted: Fri Sep 13, 2002 2:43 am    Post subject: multiple sites? Reply with quote

Greetings,

I am wondering if it is possible to host multiple independent websites using Abyss Web Server. I am not sure if this can easily be accomplished by having a DNS server point to myIP/folder where folder is the directory in which I want to host the second site.

Thanks for any input. I don't need anything real fancy, but this is one feature that I need to shost my ite and a couple for my friends who are beginning in HTML.

Any light that can be shed here is greatly appreciate.

Enjoy the ride of life. :D

-Aero
aprelium
-

PostPosted: Fri Sep 13, 2002 8:41 pm    Post subject: Re: multiple sites? Reply with quote

aero wrote:
I am wondering if it is possible to host multiple independent websites using Abyss Web Server. I am not sure if this can easily be accomplished by having a DNS server point to myIP/folder where folder is the directory in which I want to host the second site.

The current release is designed to host only one domain. In the future
releases, there will be specific versions made for hosting multiple domains
on the same server with only one IP.
Anyway, some users of the current Abyss Web Server suggested a workaround that works with domain registrars that provide URL redirection. Please read the posts in our forum at http://www.aprelium.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=145 .
This method is not supported by us, but can solve you problem temporarly until a multiple hosting version is launched.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Aprelium Forum Index -> General Questions All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: