abyss web server timeout's not working

View previous topic :: View next topic  
TerraFrost
-

PostPosted: Fri Mar 18, 2016 4:04 am    Post subject: abyss web server timeout's not working Reply with quote

Here's my code:

Code:
<?php
sleep(60);

exit('all done');

I would expect that, after 60 seconds, I'd get a webpage displaying the message "all done" but I don't. I get an error 500 after 30 seconds. I know it's 30 seconds because that's what the Network tab on Google Chrome's version of Firebug says. Well, actually, it says 30.25s, but close enough.

This post suggests that I check my "max_execution_time". The following script does just that:

Code:
<?php
echo ini_get('max_execution_time');

According to that the "max_execution_time" is 3600. So it's not that.

I'm setting the timeout in Abyss by going to 127.0.0.1:9999 and going to "Server Configuration" ->"Parameters". It's 3600 seconds. The server does not need to be restarted. This appears to be a global setting that is not site specific. If there is a site specific timeout setting I do not know where it is.

I'm running Abyss Web Server X2 (v 2.9.3.6) on Windows 7. This appears to be the latest version per http://aprelium.com/abyssws/x2/ .

Any ideas?
Back to top View user's profile Send private message
fearworksmedia
-

PostPosted: Fri Mar 18, 2016 6:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

If everything is as you have said in your original post, I imagine the missing link is the following:

1. Log into your Abyss Web Admin interface.
2. Go to the site in question and choose Scripting Parameters.
3. Click the FastCGI Parameters "Edit" button.
4. Change the I/O Timeout value to something matching your requirements, e.g. 3600 (to match your php.ini setting).
5. Click OK to save the setting and then choose to restart Abyss.

Now try it.

P.S. This would probably be the "site specific" setting you needed to know about :)
Back to top View user's profile Send private message
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Aprelium Forum Index -> General Questions All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: