Remote linking and address

View previous topic :: View next topic  
E-Oreo

PostPosted: Tue Apr 16, 2002 1:04 am    Post subject: Remote linking and address Reply with quote

i have 2 questions, 1 is, Is there a way to allow/disallow remote linking? and 2, Is there any way to change the URL of the server?
aprelium
-

PostPosted: Tue Apr 16, 2002 4:12 pm    Post subject: Remote linking and address Reply with quote

E-Oreo wrote:

i have 2 questions, 1 is, Is there a way to allow/disallow remote linking? and 2, Is there any way to change the URL of the server?

If you mean by remote linking the fact that people can access your server from the internet, we ca say that disallowing remote linking will be available in a future release.

Changing the URL of your server is not related to Abyss Web Server but rather to the DNS name of your computer which is out of the scope of a web server. You should check this with your network administrator or your ISP.
E-Oreo

PostPosted: Thu Apr 18, 2002 12:51 am    Post subject: what Reply with quote

what do i ask them 4? My site is called Site E3363 (don't ask me why it's a long story) and i want the address www.e3363.com, should i ask them 4 a dns name of e3363, e3363.com or www.e3363.com? or something else?
TheLinker
-

PostPosted: Thu Apr 18, 2002 9:33 am    Post subject: what Reply with quote

If you want the address www.e3363.com for your site, you need to register this address... either with your ISP (ask them, maybe they can do this for you) or with some public registration sites, like http://www.register.com/.
Back to top View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Aprelium Forum Index -> General Questions All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: