problems with virtual server router

View previous topic :: View next topic  
theviper
-

PostPosted: Sat Mar 13, 2004 4:16 pm    Post subject: problems with virtual server router Reply with quote

Hi,
No one outside my network can see my web server. I am not sure how to solve this problem. I heard about forwarding ports and everything but i could no see this on my router. instead theres this.
Virtual server

You can configure the Broadband Router as a virtual server so that remote users accessing services such as the Web or FTP at your local site via public IP addresses can be automatically redirected to local servers configured with private IP addresses. In other words, depending on the requested service (TCP/UDP port number), the Broadband Router redirects the external service request to the appropriate server (located at another internal IP address).
I am not sure what to do. My ip is 192.168.1.3 thats how i see my server as i can not find my other ip's.
Any ideas?
Back to top View user's profile Send private message
eznetlinks
-

PostPosted: Sat Mar 13, 2004 5:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Find your ip address here
http://www.aprelium.com/ip/

192.168.1.3 is your local network address.
Back to top View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website
theviper
-

PostPosted: Sat Mar 13, 2004 9:06 pm    Post subject: not woking Reply with quote

Hi,
Thanks for replying. I have tryed that but when people try to acsess the site with that ip it still dosn't work.i Have my port on 8080. I also found a option in my router which could be the key but im not sure. It's called special aplication it allows me to make a public port. It asks for a triger port, then trigger type either tcp or udp It then ask's me to type in a public port then it finnally ask's me what public type either tcp or udp.

If this is the key could someone please tell me thanks.
olly86
-

PostPosted: Sat Mar 13, 2004 10:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

do you use a US Robotics router?

all info bellow is related to US Robotics router & may be invaild for any other router

if you do setup your virtual server like this (but change the info to your info):

to get your ip address look on the status page of the router config

quoted from my router help system wrote:
Special Applications
Some applications require multiple connections such as Internet games, video conferencing, Internet telephony, and so on. Due to the firewall function, these applications cannot work with a pure NAT router. The Special Applications function allows some of these applications to work with the NAT router. These settings are:
    Trigger: the outbound port number issued by the application.
    Incoming ports: when the trigger packet is detected, the inbound packets for the specified port numbers are allowed to pass through the firewall.

-

PostPosted: Sun Mar 14, 2004 12:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi,

Ok i tryed that but still no one can acess my web page. I configured it to port 8080. When i try and find it on the ip that ur site says from http://www.aprelium.com/ip i cant acess my my own server. I can see it on my local ip but not that one. Any more ideas?
olly86
-

PostPosted: Sun Mar 14, 2004 12:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Aprelium - My IP Address wrote:
Your current IP address is 62.255.32.6.

Note: If you are behind a proxy, the IP address displayed above may not be yours.
Their ip system reports my proxy server, so it may be doing the same for you.

My real ip address is 80.6.82.132 but they report it as 62.255.32.6.

To get round this problem get your wan ip address from the status page on your router config, like it is shown in the screen dump bellow.

other router details removed for security reasons

do you use a US Robotics router?
-

PostPosted: Sun Mar 14, 2004 2:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi,
Unfortuntly that did not work. I have another thought that might be stopping it i have to edit my router from online and when i signed up for dyndns and went to my domian thing on it, it brought up my router config. That might not be it. Any more ideas?
iNaNimAtE
-

PostPosted: Sun Mar 14, 2004 7:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Does your ISP block port 80?
-

PostPosted: Sun Mar 14, 2004 11:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

You appear to have enabled Remote Administrator Host in your router config. To disable this go to the Miscellaneous Items page and set your Remote Administrator Host to 0.0.0.0 to disable it.

When entering your ip address as your server is setup for port 8080, enter it like this xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx:8080
replace the x's with your actual numbers

if this still fails to work try a different port no, such as 81

it is very hard to guess if you don't tell us what router you use
is it a US Robotics router

-

PostPosted: Sun Mar 14, 2004 1:44 pm    Post subject: mentor Reply with quote

Hi,
Thanks for replying fast again olly. It seems that i have had remote host disabled and the way you told me it should be. I do not use robotnics router but something very much the same i use is a mentor. Any more ideas?
olly86
-

PostPosted: Sun Mar 14, 2004 1:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Have you tried another port like 81 or 1000, in Abyss as some ISPs block access to 80 & 8080?

also remember to update your virtual server settings if you change your abyss port

also i have never used a mentor router so if this doesn't work I don't have any more ideas
-

PostPosted: Sun Mar 14, 2004 4:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Bah!

No luck changed the port to 81 and updated the virtual server settings. I have another idea. I think it said in the instruction manual i could let some one configure it from some were else other than the routers pc's. Ifanyone wants to give it a ago ill let them.
theviper
-

PostPosted: Wed Mar 17, 2004 11:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ok,

I found something out that might help you figure out my problem. It looks as if i'm behind a proxy. Another thing is that i only have a local ip. The main ip is for the host pc like 213.14.***.** or something like that. When i type that in my web adress bar it just takes me the set up page.

Antmore ideas?
thnx
olly86
-

PostPosted: Thu Mar 18, 2004 2:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

the setup page for your router or abyss?
-

PostPosted: Sun Mar 21, 2004 11:24 pm    Post subject: router Reply with quote

the router
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Aprelium Forum Index -> Networking Issues All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: