My useful site is online and ready to go!

View previous topic :: View next topic  
ntloc
-

PostPosted: Sun Mar 07, 2004 7:04 pm    Post subject: My useful site is online and ready to go! Reply with quote

Have a look at the site and let me know what you think and if you have any suggestions. I have a couple things I would like to change already but want to hear from the Aprelium community. If you can please leave me some feedback in my forum and also in the guestbook.

http://www.loc-nguyen.com
http://www.us.homeunix.com
http://www.vn.homeunix.com

Thank you! 8)
Back to top View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website
iNaNimAtE
-

PostPosted: Mon Mar 08, 2004 4:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have never been a fan of moving images, but otherwise it seems good.

It doesn't seem to be very good with Mozilla.

//Begin Venting
"All the information located on this resource is for private use by its developers and must not be used by you in any way."

Disclaimers are pathetic. Do you think it is "all of a sudden OK" if you inform someone about it first? By that, I am able to bring someone in my house, tell them I am going to shoot them because they entered my house, and then shoot them. And for some reason, that is OK. How can I make that analogy to your disclaimer? Well, to even view your disclaimer, I must use "...this resource...," which is strictly forbidden against your TOS.

Heres the deal: If you offer questionable content, and it is necessary to use a disclaimer for you not to go to prison, then just don't offer the content.

All I was trying to do is give you a suggestion of the right thing to do.
//End Venting
-

PostPosted: Mon Mar 08, 2004 6:04 am    Post subject: That's the idea Reply with quote

Yeah, that's my idea about my TOS and I also understand your opinion about it. So from what I'm understanding is that either I dont offer "Questionable content" or if I put "Questionable content" then I shouldn't put TOS up there. The only "Questionable content" is the one link I put in my download site "More Downloads", I dont host that link but I just link it to the guy that host it, other than that other downloads are just freeware so I dont need to worry about that. More opinions are appreciated.
Thanks.
iNaNimAtE
-

PostPosted: Mon Mar 08, 2004 6:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I saw your "More Downloads" page. Bedides the fact that it is illegal, not even a disclaimer can hold you from that. But considering it isn't your site, when people click on the link, a page can come up saying "You are about to leave [sitename]. We do not control any content on the following page. [link]Continue...[/link]" That should get you past anything.
-

PostPosted: Mon Mar 08, 2004 8:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

From my understanding , the "More Downloads" is warez but get
this , its not on his/her abyss website so he/she is not held
responsible for the illegal content that is on that website.

Well im off to go download some stuff lol ! :D
ntloc
-

PostPosted: Mon Mar 08, 2004 4:47 pm    Post subject: Just what I need Reply with quote

Yeah, this is all great, guy. This is what just I need to adjust my site and make it look right and feel right. Well I still have one question, so I assume that you guy looked at all the content on my site, my question is which content on my site is illegal beside the link "More Download" and not even my TOS can keep from getting in trouble. Let me know.
Thanks.
ntloc
-

PostPosted: Mon Mar 08, 2004 4:47 pm    Post subject: Just what I need Reply with quote

Yeah, this is all great, guy. This is what just I need to adjust my site and make it look right and feel right. Well I still have one question, so I assume that you guy looked at all the content on my site, my question is which content on my site is illegal beside the link "More Download" and not even my TOS can keep from getting in trouble. Let me know.
Thanks.
iNaNimAtE
-

PostPosted: Tue Mar 09, 2004 1:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

A couple things I may point out:

1) I noticed you use FrontPage extentions on your main page. May I just say: DON't USE THEM!

2) Your "check path" script is a very large security vulnerablilty. It shows all these paths that people can attempt to exploit.

3) I noticed you offer files to download that (obviously) aren't yours. I'm not sure, but last I heard, I don't think you can do that unless people actually submit the software to you.
-

PostPosted: Tue Mar 09, 2004 6:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I found some very useful things on the site actually ... nice work .. not promoting illegal stuff though.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Aprelium Forum Index -> Powered by Abyss All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: