Files Not Recognized

View previous topic :: View next topic  
nigelum
-

PostPosted: Sun Jan 24, 2010 2:16 am    Post subject: Files Not Recognized Reply with quote

I have recently been hired on to replace a FrontPage website that is powered by Abyss X2 for a local library.

I personally write all my code in notepad, so FrontPage is foreign to me, and I have never used Abyss before, either (though so far I like it despite my present problem).

I have written the site, placed it on the server, and have configured Abyss to use the Documents Path that holds my html files. I done everything I can think of to make it compatible with the new site, but it refuses to show my index, posting a "403: Forbidden" message instead.

The folder that the old site is in has a sharing (hand icon) on it holding a globe, and on mouseover it displays a "Stores your local web site" message. From what research I've done, I believe this has to do with FrontPage? I think it may be the reason that my files aren't being "seen" by Abyss. If it is exclusively a FrontPage thing, how would I go about making my website folder work with Abyss?

Any help is greatly appreciated!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Aprelium Forum Index -> General Questions All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: