server won't serve

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Tensaiteki
-

PostPosted: Thu Aug 29, 2002 3:42 am    Post subject: server won't serve Reply with quote

hello
I used to use the Xitami web server to serve my webpage from behing my router, but a few weeks ago it stopped showing the page, and so, after reading many good reviews for Abyss i decided to try it. I've registered the domain www.randomweasel.com and i have made sure that the domain points to the right IP (12.238.142.198). I have also made sure that my Netgear RP114 router has port 80 forwarded to my server computer. i know that the domain and router are working because the FTP on the same computer (different program) works. Using the internal IPs i can acces it but when i try to view it from outside the LAN i get a "this page cannot be displayed" error (at school i get a "gateway error").

any suggestions?
Tensaiteki

P.S. my ISP is AT&T Broadband
Back to top View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
aprelium
-

PostPosted: Sat Aug 31, 2002 9:00 am    Post subject: Re: server won't serve Reply with quote

Tensaiteki wrote:
hello
I used to use the Xitami web server to serve my webpage from behing my router, but a few weeks ago it stopped showing the page, and so, after reading many good reviews for Abyss i decided to try it. I've registered the domain www.randomweasel.com and i have made sure that the domain points to the right IP (12.238.142.198). I have also made sure that my Netgear RP114 router has port 80 forwarded to my server computer. i know that the domain and router are working because the FTP on the same computer (different program) works. Using the internal IPs i can acces it but when i try to view it from outside the LAN i get a "this page cannot be displayed" error (at school i get a "gateway error").

any suggestions?
Tensaiteki

P.S. my ISP is AT&T Broadband

Are you sure that your ISP doesn't block port 80 ? Some of them does it.
To be sure about that, change the web port to 8000 for example and try accesiing http://www.randomweasel.com:8000 or http://12.238.142.198:8000. If you can access the web server on port 8000, it is your ISP that blocks port 80.
In all the cases, Abyss Web Server isn't the responsible (since it works in local). It is a pure networking problem. If the problem still exist, please contact us.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Aprelium Forum Index -> Networking Issues All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: