Forgotten Console password

View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Thu Aug 29, 2002 12:47 am    Post subject: Forgotten Console password Reply with quote

Is there a way to find the current console password that's been forgotten?
aprelium
-

PostPosted: Thu Aug 29, 2002 3:26 am    Post subject: Re: Forgotten Console password Reply with quote

Guest wrote:
Is there a way to find the current console password that's been forgotten?

No way! But here is how you can enter a new password and continue working with the console:
* Close Abyss Web Server
* Open the abyss.conf file using Windows notepad (should be in the directory where you've installed Abyss Web Server).
* Locate the line which begins with Password
* Erase it
* Save the file and exit the notepad.
* Restart Abyss Web Server.
* Open the console. It will ask you to choose a new console password.

PostPosted: Fri Sep 20, 2002 1:08 am    Post subject: console password fix doesn't work Reply with quote

Quote:
No way! But here is how you can enter a new password and continue working with the console:
* Close Abyss Web Server
* Open the abyss.conf file using Windows notepad (should be in the directory where you've installed Abyss Web Server).
* Locate the line which begins with Password
* Erase it
* Save the file and exit the notepad.
* Restart Abyss Web Server.
* Open the console. It will ask you to choose a new console password.

This doesn't work for me. I tryed going into abyss.conf through notepad and deleting the entry for password (it now says password "blank"). Then I went to show console and my browser popped up prompting me to insert a new password. Immediately afterward, a prompt pops up asking me for the password i just put in. I do and nothing happens and after a few times the browser window tells me i'm invalid. This is where I got stuck.
aprelium
-

PostPosted: Fri Sep 20, 2002 2:31 pm    Post subject: Re: console password fix doesn't work Reply with quote

Please delete the whole password line and restart the server. This works without any problem if you follow EXACTLY our instructions.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Aprelium Forum Index -> General Questions All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: