My IP address changes???

View previous topic :: View next topic  
M@t
-

PostPosted: Thu Feb 19, 2004 11:09 pm    Post subject: My IP address changes??? Reply with quote

i am very new to all this webserver stuff

I have set up my server and it works, apart from that my IP address changes how can i stop this happerning, is there away?

my web site address is www.webmatt.tk and i just enter my IP addres as the redirect address thing...

... is this the best way of doing it?

as i said i am very new to this (today) so i dont really know much about this i m hoping some one can help

ta

m@t
-

PostPosted: Fri Feb 20, 2004 1:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Welsome to the club. You have a Dynamic IP Address (which changes) as oppose to a Static IP Address (which doesn't change). Static IP's cost more to get than Dynamic IP's, so unless you are willing to pay more monthly, try the following:

I don't think that Dot TK (the service you use) supports Dynamic IP's, so I suggest trying No-IP. You can get "yourname.no-ip.com" and you download a client onto your computer which updates the IP record every time your IP changes. There are other companies that do this also; No-IP is just a popoular one.

If you feel like ever getting a real domain name (youname.com), you can register with ZoneEdit. They also provide Dynamic Update Clients for you to use; (I use one for my site).

Those are basically your options when it comes to Dynamic Ip's, unless you want to sit home all day and update it manually when it changes... :wink:
-

PostPosted: Fri Feb 20, 2004 7:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

thanks

ive got it all working now :D
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Aprelium Forum Index -> Networking Issues All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: