Got HTTP 500 Internel Server Error message

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Paco

PostPosted: Mon Aug 26, 2002 7:12 am    Post subject: Got HTTP 500 Internel Server Error message Reply with quote

Hi,

When I try to use perl script, it always show "HTTP 500 Internel Server Error". How can I run perl scripts? Thanks!
aprelium
-

PostPosted: Tue Aug 27, 2002 3:31 am    Post subject: Re: Got HTTP 500 Internel Server Error message Reply with quote

Paco wrote:
Hi,

When I try to use perl script, it always show "HTTP 500 Internel Server Error". How can I run perl scripts? Thanks!

First of all, you should follow the Perl installation instruction provided at http://www.aprelium.com/abyssws/perl.html.
Error 500 eans that the script misbehaved or send some malformed data to the server. So unless we see the script, we can't help you too much.
You can send it to us at support@aprelium.com. If it is available for download somewhere, just give us the URL.
Archibald

PostPosted: Sun Sep 08, 2002 7:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ive got the same problem. Im trying to run ikonboard, and i get the internal error 500 on any cgi-script i try to run. Ive done just like it says in the installataion instruction (running on win 98). One of the cgi files (renamed to ikonboard.txt) is on hem.passagen.se/slimmy/ikonboard.txt

Thanx
Brad Park

PostPosted: Tue Dec 03, 2002 6:53 pm    Post subject: Same thing but not explained Reply with quote

I have installed active perl and the software abyss which i have to say is working like a treat however late last night none of my scripts would work so i left it and came back on the laptop this morning, whats really annoying me now is I get this Error 500 message and my other scripts work still but any new ones i have they keep getting the message!
Please help me!

Email me on brad_ll@yahoo.com for the answers, cheers
aprelium
-

PostPosted: Wed Dec 04, 2002 5:25 am    Post subject: Re: Same thing but not explained Reply with quote

Brad Park wrote:
I have installed active perl and the software abyss which i have to say is working like a treat however late last night none of my scripts would work so i left it and came back on the laptop this morning, whats really annoying me now is I get this Error 500 message and my other scripts work still but any new ones i have they keep getting the message!
Please help me!

Email me on brad_ll@yahoo.com for the answers, cheers

Read your log/cgi.log . Perl dumps there error reports if your scripts can't run and generate error 500.
For other people, ikonboard works great on Abyss Web Server (we tested it) but you must be careful with its installation.
Iamstevo2

PostPosted: Sun Dec 22, 2002 7:35 pm    Post subject: Problem running wwwboard Reply with quote

The script works when I run it directly, but when i use the html file and try to post a message i get an "error 500"! Can anybody tell me how to fix this?
aprelium
-

PostPosted: Mon Dec 23, 2002 1:04 am    Post subject: Re: Problem running wwwboard Reply with quote

Iamstevo2 wrote:
The script works when I run it directly, but when i use the html file and try to post a message i get an "error 500"! Can anybody tell me how to fix this?

It depends on what your script is doing. So read your log/cgi.log to know why Perl in complaining.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Aprelium Forum Index -> Perl All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: