Back to Abyss

View previous topic :: View next topic  
sofram
-

PostPosted: Thu May 01, 2014 9:57 am    Post subject: Back to Abyss Reply with quote

Hello All,

I used Abyss X1 as my local webserver on my Windows machines for many years before switching to WAMP. I have now switched back to Abyss since I have not been able to get WAMP to work with PHP5.5.

At the same time I have been in the process of setting up multiple Ubuntu 12.04 boxes with Lighttpd + MariaDB and PHP-FastCGI. No issues there but given how much I have liked Abyss in the past I would like to at the very least explore the possibility of using Abyss X2 instead. I have a few questions

Does Abyss spawn new threads a la Apache to handle each incoming request or doe is work in a single thread like Lighty?
    Can Abyss make good use of multiple CPU cores?
    Does Abyss start gobbling up memory like Apache when it gets busy - handling 100s/1000s of connections or is it frugal like Lighty?
    I assume that Abyss is easily configured to use PHP-FastCGI?
    Is there a way to fetch Abyss server stats using a NIX daemon such as Monit.
    Any other issues I need to be aware of in order to use Abyss on Ubuntu 12.04 with MariaDB + PHP5.5?

I'd much appreciate any views.
Back to top View user's profile Send private message
sofram
-

PostPosted: Tue Jul 01, 2014 8:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

No replies at all? Not even from the creator of Abyss? That is hardly impressive is it?
Back to top View user's profile Send private message
TRUSTAbyss
-

PostPosted: Fri Jul 04, 2014 3:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Did you email support@aprelium.com? This is a forum mostly run by the community, and as you can see, it isn't that active. I blame the spammers.
Back to top View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Aprelium Forum Index -> General Questions All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: