losing connection

View previous topic :: View next topic  
jtc970
-

PostPosted: Tue Feb 10, 2004 8:28 pm    Post subject: losing connection Reply with quote

not abyss but a network issue anyway.
I have comcast, motorola sb4200 modem directly connected to my nic.
I lose connection every 2-3 hours even though the modem lights show everything fine, activity light flashes and everything.
the only way to get it back is unpluigging the modem and plugging it back in.
I suspect its a faulty modem but thougt i'd see if I can get some other ideas before going out and buying a new one.

Edit: this started happening after installing a new motherboard/cpu with nic onboard
Back to top View user's profile Send private message
dragon
-

PostPosted: Wed Feb 18, 2004 10:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have a similar problem. When I use Abyss Web Server it works for a while then it stops my whole home network. It drives my wife crazy. She said fix it or get rid of it. Called my ISP they came out and changed my modem. It did the same thing. So I got rid of it. No answers till this day. I posted a thread about it... please feel free to check it out... more detail... Connection Drops When I Use Abyss =(
Anonymoose
-

PostPosted: Wed Feb 18, 2004 10:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

jtc, sounds like a faulty NIC or bad drivers. Do you have a PCI network card handy you could test with ?
iNaNimAtE
-

PostPosted: Thu Feb 19, 2004 2:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I assume you have a dynamic IP? If so, some network cards have trouble when a new IP address is assigned. So like Anonymoose said, try another network card.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Aprelium Forum Index -> Networking Issues All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: