Abyss on usb key on mac system

View previous topic :: View next topic  
marcodelia
-

PostPosted: Mon Mar 03, 2014 11:20 am    Post subject: Abyss on usb key on mac system Reply with quote

Hi... please be patience with my english, i'm italian...

I have installed Abyss on a usb key and it works fine...
after i have installed php with your dmg package...
and now it works fine...

it's possible also run on a usb key mysql ? ( my os is a 64 bit mac os 10.6.8 sytem on an old MAC PRO )....

Thank's in advance for who can help me... and .. of course ... Great Great Software!!!!! I looking for week and week on the web for a Joomla portable solution on Mac system and there isnt!!!!! All the Xamp or Mamp solution must be installed on a boot HD....

If Abyss will be the lonely and te first can run Joomla on a portable usb... it sound wonderfull !!!!

What do you thing? It's possible?
Back to top View user's profile Send private message
aprelium-support
-

PostPosted: Fri Mar 14, 2014 6:48 pm    Post subject: Re: Abyss on usb key on mac system Reply with quote

marcodelia,

Abyss Web Server can run from an USB key on a Mac if the key is formatted using HFS or HFS+. FAT formatted partitions won't work.

Regarding MySQL, things are more complex. MySQL on Mac usually requires admin level privileges and its configuration is a bit difficult if you use it in "abnormal" setups.

By the way, portable applications (on a USB key) should probably use SQLite instead of MySQL. SQLite is lighter than MySQL and is more tuned towards portable use cases. Joomla can use SQLite as a storage engine so why not considering that option?
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Aprelium Forum Index -> Databases All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: