I am having a problem restarting Abyss web server

View previous topic :: View next topic  
pocketpac
-

PostPosted: Thu Jan 15, 2004 1:24 pm    Post subject: I am having a problem restarting Abyss web server Reply with quote

Ok, I will try to make this short and sweet. I have 0 complaints about Abyss, and think it is 1000x better than Apache, and with that said, here is the problem:

Whenever I make a change, and hit restart, the web hosting part of the server goes kapoot, but the console part stays up. In order for me to bring the web server portion up, I must manually kill and restart Abyss. Also, when I go in and stop the server through the console, I got back to the server status console, and I get this message:

The server cannot start because of the following error(s):
Bad PID file path.
Cannot open/create the log file.
Cannot open/create the CGI error file.

Current Server Status: Stopped

And I cannot bring it up via console, so I got to manually restart it.

Now, as for the errors that is show stated above, I have giving full access right (chmod 777) to all files and folders in the server folder. Its not that big a deal, and I can live without that feature, but it can get slightly annoying :-)

BTW I run Redhat 9.0

Thanx for any help you can give me
Back to top View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website
aprelium
-

PostPosted: Fri Jan 16, 2004 4:05 pm    Post subject: Re: I am having a problem restarting Abyss web server Reply with quote

pocketpac,

The error message:
Quote:
The server cannot start because of the following error(s):
Bad PID file path.
Cannot open/create the log file.
Cannot open/create the CGI error file.

means that the server couldn't create/open the PID file and the log files. This can happen if you:
* change the server root and forget to create a log subdirectory in the new root.
* or when the user running the server hasn't the right to create/open for writing these files.

If you still can't solve the problem, please send to support@aprelium.com your abyss.conf file.
pocketpac
-

PostPosted: Mon Feb 02, 2004 11:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I fixed it so it dosnt give me that error any more, but now when I try to restart I get
Cannot start the web server (Listening problem): The web port is already used by
another application. Use the console to configure a correct web port.
The Web server is not running.
aprelium
-

PostPosted: Wed Feb 04, 2004 2:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

pocketpac wrote:
I fixed it so it dosnt give me that error any more, but now when I try to restart I get
Cannot start the web server (Listening problem): The web port is already used by
another application. Use the console to configure a correct web port.
The Web server is not running.

THe error message is self-explanatory: The port Abyss should use (in Console > Server Conf. > Port) is already used by another program on your computer. Change it.
pocketpac
-

PostPosted: Wed Feb 04, 2004 4:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The only program using port 80 is the Abyss web server, and when I hit restart, to my understanding, it should let go of port 80, restart, then grab port 80 again, but it isnt letting go for me. when I hit restart it will stop running, but will not give up port 80, and when it tries to start it thinks something else has port 80, which in fact it never let go. Same goes for when I hit stop (not halt button) then try to start it again.
aprelium
-

PostPosted: Fri Feb 06, 2004 3:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

pocketpac,

This can also happen if you run Abyss Web Server using the root account. Please send your abyss.conf file to support@aprelium.com and tell us what user account are you using to run the server (root or another)?
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Aprelium Forum Index -> General Questions All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: