edit perl

View previous topic :: View next topic  
amt167
-

PostPosted: Sun Jan 11, 2004 4:51 am    Post subject: edit perl Reply with quote

can any one tell me how to edit a perl script when i click on the icon(little yellow ball) which contains the script a black screen flashes up but then dissapears i need to edit the install.pl for a yabb forum.
Back to top View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail
Axis
-

PostPosted: Sun Jan 11, 2004 5:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi amt167--

I have perl and I have Yabb, but I don't know where the install.pl is in either of them. Maybe I just can't find that or maybe you are using a different version of Yabb. Is install.pl a part of the Yabb script? If so you would open it in a html editor or notepad and edit it there.

perl.exe is usually called with the first line of the perl script (like /usr/bin/perl or C:\Perl\bin\perl.exe), not by clicking on the icon.

If install.pl is a part of perl then I apparently don't have it in my version.

Regards,
Axis
Back to top View user's profile Send private message
jtc970
-

PostPosted: Sun Jan 11, 2004 7:16 am    Post subject: Re: edit perl Reply with quote

amt167 wrote:
can any one tell me how to edit a perl script when i click on the icon(little yellow ball) which contains the script a black screen flashes up but then dissapears i need to edit the install.pl for a yabb forum.

you have .pl files associated with perl.exe which is not what you want

you can right click on the .pl file and use OPEN WITH .. then you can choose from the list of programs (any text editor) and check the 'always use..' box
Back to top View user's profile Send private message
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Aprelium Forum Index -> Perl All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: