About Web server local URL page and more

View previous topic :: View next topic  
geetazz
-

PostPosted: Fri Apr 12, 2002 3:54 am    Post subject: About Web server local URL page and more Reply with quote

:D Hey! I am new at this server but so far it is great. Anyway, I have a question about something that my "Web server local URL page" says. When I go there it says:
"Abyss Web Server is running correctly on your system. You should now change this page with yours." I understand the first part about how it is running correctly. But, I don't get the part about change this page with yours. Can someone please tell me what is this talking about and how to do it. I also need to make one thing clear. So, I just make my site just like I would usually do it but I need to make sure that the files in /htdocs and the CGI scripts are in /cgi-bin. Is that right? I would greatly appreciate the help! Thanks :lol:
Back to top View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address
aprelium
-

PostPosted: Fri Apr 12, 2002 12:51 pm    Post subject: About Web server local URL page and more Reply with quote

geetazz wrote:

So, I just make my site just like I would usually do it but I need to make sure that the files in /htdocs and the CGI scripts are in /cgi-bin. Is that right? I would greatly appreciate the help! Thanks :lol:

Your guesses are right. To have a full description of what you should do to make your web site hosted by Abyss Web Server, please read the "Getting Started" section in the documentation. You can find it by selecting "Start>Programs>Abyss Web Server>Getting Started" or by clicking on the documentation icon in the console and reding the so called section.
geetazz
-

PostPosted: Fri Apr 12, 2002 9:39 pm    Post subject: I understand but............ Reply with quote

Thanks for answering. I looked all of the topics and done everything I was suppose to do. But, when I go to that page it still shows up replace this page with yours. What does this mean? I looked in the topics and stayy does not say anything about replacing the page. Also, how do you do that or is it nothing to worry about?
Back to top View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address
aprelium
-

PostPosted: Sat Apr 13, 2002 3:39 pm    Post subject: I understand but............ Reply with quote

In clear words, you should delete the two files index.html and pwrabyss.png in htdocs directory and put your web site files in this directory. The main file should be named index.html or index.htm.
If the same old page is still displayed by your browser, then we recommend flushing its cache.
JD

PostPosted: Mon Apr 29, 2002 11:21 am    Post subject: Hi - Ihave the same problem ! Reply with quote

I have renamed the index file - deleted the image file yoet Im still getting your default page - I have hit the refresh button 4000 times - where is it getting the page from?
JD

PostPosted: Mon Apr 29, 2002 11:39 am    Post subject: Problem solved! Reply with quote

It was my own webaccelerator software :oops: !

Sorry

PS excellent product 8)
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Aprelium Forum Index -> General Questions All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: