Router Config Help

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Hunted
-

PostPosted: Tue Dec 16, 2003 12:58 am    Post subject: Router Config Help Reply with quote

Ok, I am wanting to configure my router to work on the PC with the router IP.
I need to configure my router, but when I go to 129.168.0.1 it does not work. I even tried what it said when I went to IPCONFIG /ALL and that URL did not work. It may help if I say what router I have. The site for my router is:

http://www.netgear.com/products/prod_details.asp?prodID=21

that is my router that I am using. alright, thanks in advance
Back to top View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
The-Hunter
-

PostPosted: Tue Dec 16, 2003 1:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

i can help ... but you need to be a little more specific on what the problem is ... are you trying to see your website from within the LAN??

The-Hunter
Back to top View user's profile Send private message MSN Messenger ICQ Number
Anonymoose
-

PostPosted: Tue Dec 16, 2003 1:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think you meant 192.168.0.1 ?

Port forwarding on your router will not work from behind your router - in other words, if you try and access your site with your internet IP from the LAN side of the router, it will fail. You need to use a proxy to test it.
Back to top View user's profile Send private message
Hunted
-

PostPosted: Tue Dec 16, 2003 1:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yeah, I ment 192.168.0.1 (put them in wrong order)

Well, what I am trying to do, is have the computer with the 192.168.0.1 IP (not the PC that the internet is connected to, but the one that is conntected by the router) I am trying to make my site be on that computer not the main one. The other one is a whole lot faster and is not totaly screwed up like this one. This computer has alot of problems, so I want to use my other PC.

Oh yeah, not sure if this info will help, but my ISP is cable (Road Runner High Speed)

Last edited by Hunted on Tue Dec 16, 2003 1:33 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
The-Hunter
-

PostPosted: Tue Dec 16, 2003 1:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

you dont need to setup and configure a proxy ... all you need to do is edit the hosts file ... %windir%\system32\drivers\etc ... open it with notepad and add a line like:

192.168.0.1 yourserver.com

(the 192.168.0.1 being the LAN IP of your web server)

there is a program that will do this for you and make it easier here is the link http://www.webattack.com/get/hostadmin.html ... its freeware. The reason you cannot see your website from within the LAN is that LoopBack (127.0.0.1) causes come security issues. If you have any questions feel free to ask.

The-Hunter
The-Hunter
-

PostPosted: Tue Dec 16, 2003 1:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

i checked your link ... i hate to tell you but that is not a router ... its a switch ... completely different items

this is what you need: http://www.netgear.com/products/prod_details.asp?prodID=131&view=

The-Hunter

Last edited by The-Hunter on Tue Dec 16, 2003 1:39 am; edited 1 time in total
Hunted
-

PostPosted: Tue Dec 16, 2003 1:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well, how do I configure that?
The-Hunter
-

PostPosted: Tue Dec 16, 2003 1:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

if you are trying to split your internet connection between several machines you could use ICS (i think thats what Microsoft calls it) or get a software router and turn one of your PC's into a router, or purchase a router.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Aprelium Forum Index -> Networking Issues All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: