Overview

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Aprelium Forum Index -> Off Topic Discussions
View previous topic :: View next topic  
WhiteDevil
-

PostPosted: Thu Dec 11, 2003 7:37 pm    Post subject: Overview Reply with quote

Evening guys :)

I know some people here are experience in webdesign, and some arent, i dont really care everyones opinion counts ( :lol: ), what do you all think of my new website?

http://www.fortboyard.org.uk

PostPosted: Thu Dec 11, 2003 8:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It looks just like the 123-reg site registered page to me :wink:
Back to top View user's profile Send private message
Dayne
-

PostPosted: Thu Dec 11, 2003 8:05 pm    Post subject: Nice one Reply with quote

Hi there white Devil,

Thats a pretty nifty little site you guys have built. Did you actually create the whole thing or is it a package you installed and relooked to your needs?

Either way its pretty cool.

I must say though, living in France for a few years now, i sort of watched, appreciated, got bored with and eventually lost all interest in the tv show, hence the reason i did'nt go to far into the site itself.

Its just that its been going on for years here now and we get all the behind the scenes, the retakes the lot. Even interviews with people who have played and explained how the whole thing works

No disrespect though. The site itself is great. Nicely laid out and not over charged with images, just enough to make it look right.

Well done!

BTW how longs the show been running over in England?
Back to top View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website
Karasu Kami
-

PostPosted: Fri Dec 12, 2003 5:49 am    Post subject: Hmm Reply with quote

Content is on the low down, (I'm ranking this as if it was in powered by abyss.)
And the colors or kind of boring (Like dayne.)

I suggest you add some black to the backrounds of all of those menus and text boxes (Or any other color, like your silver you have there.)to make it look more "filled in".

for now i'm giving it an 8 out of 10. The layout is well organized and its easy to run around real quick, but needs to look full.
http://quartermoon.info
http://loc.paeon-hosting.com
http://genjipoetry.paeon-hosting.com
Back to top View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address MSN Messenger
Anonymoose
-

PostPosted: Fri Dec 12, 2003 10:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

"Not Found
The requested URL /series/series2/index.php was not found on this server.

Additionally, a 404 Not Found error was encountered while trying to use an ErrorDocument to handle the request."

All the series links seem to be broken ? :(
WhiteDevil
-

PostPosted: Fri Dec 12, 2003 6:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for all your input :D

Dayne wrote:
Thats a pretty nifty little site you guys have built. Did you actually create the whole thing or is it a package you installed and relooked to your needs?

Either way its pretty cool.

How long has it been running over in England?

I designed the entire thing myself, using winsyntax (thats been a real learning experience) to code the HTML/PHP. FortBoyard started here in 1998, Series 5 has just been produced by ChallengeTV and epside finished airing a few weeks ago i think..

Karasu Kami wrote:
Content is on the low down, And the colors or kind of boring.

I suggest you add some black to the backrounds of all of those menus and text boxes (Or any other color, like your silver you have there.)to make it look more "filled in".

Cheers for the comment, i like the idea of giving the textboxes a background colour, im glad i designed the entire colour scheme with CSS Stylesheets now 8)

Anonymoose wrote:
"Not Found
The requested URL /series/series2/index.php was not found on this server.

Additionally, a 404 Not Found error was encountered while trying to use an ErrorDocument to handle the request."

Yes, thats the bit of the site we're working on. As you can appreciate i hope there have been 5 series of FortBoyard with about 16 teams in each one.. We're working on Series 4 + 5 because those series are being shown on TV at the moment and we can document them easily. When they decide to show from the beginning again we can start on Series 1-3...

All input is gratefully read and heeded by the design team, we build the thing, you lot use it :lol:

Thanks again guys -

Adam

PostPosted: Fri Dec 12, 2003 6:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Maybe a "Sorry, we haven't finished summarising the series page" would be a little better than 404 ? :)
WhiteDevil
-

PostPosted: Fri Dec 12, 2003 8:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Noted and in the process of doing 8)
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: