Problem with cgi-bin folder...

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Leafster
-

PostPosted: Tue Dec 09, 2003 7:20 pm    Post subject: Problem with cgi-bin folder... Reply with quote

If I reference cgi-bin in my script such as:
Wfile=server.mappath("\") & "\cgi-bin\counter.txt" counter.txt doesn't get created and the script doesn't work. If I remove cgi-bin so it looks like this:
Wfile=server.mappath("\") & "counter.txt", a file gets created in htdocs called htdocscounter.txt and the script works.

Is there something within the server setup that is causing this or is it something in my code that I am doing wrong. I didn't include all my code as a believe it is something I am doing wrong in the setup, however, I could be wrong.

Any ideas?

Thanks! btw, kick ass web server Aprelium!!
Back to top View user's profile Send private message MSN Messenger
aprelium
-

PostPosted: Tue Dec 09, 2003 11:06 pm    Post subject: Re: Problem with cgi-bin folder... Reply with quote

Leafster,

By default cgi-bin is an alias pointing to the cgi-bin directory (which isn't inside htdocs/) and your code doesn't seem to care about this. It assumes that "/cgi-bin" should be inside the directory corresponding to "/".

So to solve this problem, you can move cgi-bin inside htdocs and remove the cgi-bin alias from the Aliases table.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Aprelium Forum Index -> Classic ASP All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: