Hey, just downloaded webserver not too long ago

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Mathieuj
-

PostPosted: Tue Nov 18, 2003 12:07 am    Post subject: Hey, just downloaded webserver not too long ago Reply with quote

I set up a username and password... and im able to access my website through 127.0.0.1:8080 (changed the port because of my isp) but im still not able to view it through my ip address on anothers computer. I am plugged directly into a router and Im sure i need software to maybe forward the ports to the ones i use now?? if anyone could help at all id appreciate it greatly.

if it helps im using a "networkeverywhere" (based on linksys) model# nr041

i wasnt able to find software but if theres any other way to do it please tell me :)

thanx,
mat
Back to top View user's profile Send private message AIM Address
Anonymoose
-

PostPosted: Tue Nov 18, 2003 12:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

You don't need software, use the web interface included in the router... The quick install guide explains how to access it.

ftp://ftp.networkeverywhere.com/nr041_qi.pdf

"Forwarding

Port forwarding sets up public services on your network. When users from the Internet make certain requests of your network, the router will forward those requests to the appropriate computer. The router's DHCP function must be disabled to use Forwarding. Forwarding is generally used to set up a webserver, ftp server, or e-mail server on your network.

To add a server using Forwarding:
Enter the port number used by the server. On the same line, enter the IP Address of the server that you want the Internet users to be able to access.
Configure as many entries as you would like until all of the link entries are filled.
Click the Apply to save the settings."

http://www.networkeverywhere.com/support/routersupport.asp
Back to top View user's profile Send private message
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Aprelium Forum Index -> Networking Issues All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: