Ok WTF Is Going on

View previous topic :: View next topic  
N3wl3iE
-

PostPosted: Fri Nov 14, 2003 8:53 pm    Post subject: Ok WTF Is Going on Reply with quote

OK Wtf is going on i just got it and now it isnt working WTF is that and when i goto it now it shows all gay CENSORED shit thats on my computer WTF i dont have ne CENSORED on my computer some one help me PLS
Back to top View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
senshi
-

PostPosted: Sat Nov 15, 2003 1:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

What URL did you use?

What did you install exactly?

Where did you download it?

Have you ever considered the possibilty that your PC has a trojan serving up for another master? or your system has some CENSORED bot running thats doing the same???

Suggest you explain what you are running, what security and scanning software you run and make sure you run a firewall, dont be relying on the XP firewall if you run XP.

Here is a shopping list.
www.lavasoft.de for Adaware personal edition 6.181.
www.zonealarm.com for firewall
www.safer-networking.org for Patrick Kolla's Spybot Search & Destroy
www.wilderssecurity.net for SpywareBlaster and SpywareGuard
www.grisoft.com for AVG6 & 7 (Free edition with 6.0)

This will cure most evils and protect from some of the intrusions you may well be experiencing.

I also suggest that you attempt to give info about your set up instead of bitching, far more productive that you spend some time putting down things like what server (edition) and other installs you have performed. I guess from the way you wrote the article, you have no internet security and I suspect that you have spyware, been hi-jacked and have trojans.
Back to top View user's profile Send private message
fourtwentymatt
-

PostPosted: Wed Jan 07, 2004 6:35 am    Post subject: HAH - ZoneAlarm Reply with quote

ZoneAlarm is very sucky. It caused me problems everytime I tried to run a server. Even when it was on "Low". Get Norton Personal Firewall insted.
Back to top View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address
Anonymoose
-

PostPosted: Wed Jan 07, 2004 10:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Kerio Personal Firewall is a hell of a lot better than Norton, and free for home use. Beats ZoneAlarm and Norton hands down for configurability, but may be a bit daunting for first time firewall users...
Back to top View user's profile Send private message
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Aprelium Forum Index -> Networking Issues All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: