Hi i m a new learner

View previous topic :: View next topic  
karanaulakh
-

PostPosted: Mon Nov 10, 2003 2:11 am    Post subject: Hi i m a new learner Reply with quote

Hi, i just installed abyss on my windows xp. i changed the index.htm and now i can access it via my ip address.
I want to put a guestbook on my webpage. Can someone please tell me what will i need. I installed perl also on my computer. But i donot know programming very well. only little bit.

Some please tell me how to write a small scripot and which folder to put in. Thanks.
Back to top View user's profile Send private message
rochesu
-

PostPosted: Tue Nov 11, 2003 4:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

You can write a gustbook program in perl. These type of program are called as CGI (Common Gateway Interface) program. You have to place this program in "cgi-bin" directory. You can access the program from any html page.
idea - > here's a small idea on implementing a guestbook program. The program should have a user interface such as "name" and "message" text box entry. the user should fill in these textboxes and when clicked "submit", the program should store the information as a file in the server itself. Whenever a second user accesses the guestbook program, he/she should be presented with interface again. At the bottom of the interface, the entries read back from the file should be displayed.

if you want a small working guestbook script, mail me at rochesu2netfirms@india.com . please fill in the "subject" line with "Abyss Forum seeker" . Iam also a newbie, i thought we could build up an interaction from here and help each other.
Back to top View user's profile Send private message
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Aprelium Forum Index -> Perl All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: